New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Next years homes  (Read 478 times)

Offline Dutch-Hunter

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Doin' what I love!
Next years homes
« on: August 29, 2018, 10:01:13 PM »
I have told some of you that Mrs. DH and I are going to start our new life adventure next year. She's going to officially retire in March and we're planning to live on the road. The pictures attached are of the campers we're going to use and park.

The little Celebrity 25'er is going to be our high country camper. It's small and light enough to make it up in the mountains where we camp off grid. I've got it equipped with a 4 battery bank and solar charger. We can go camping and not run out of power. It will also be my portable hunting lodge.

The 35' Grand Junction is going to be parked on property in New Mexico. Our property there has shed to put it in with power, well and septic holding tank. This camper has 4 pullouts and enough room so we shouldn't drive each other crazy. It will be our winter haven. We'll be high enough to get some snow but not the brutal cold temps like here in Wisconsin.

The 28' Rockwood will be parked on our property in Colorado. It's intended use will be lower elevation traveling around Rockies.

Mrs. DH has sold most of her stoneware collection. She's also donated enough clothing and shoes to outfit a small city. I have sold most of my trophies and a considerable number of my collectible guns. Yes I even sold my Winchester 94's Triplets with the three consecutive 4 digit serial numbers. One of which (the middle one) was brand new in the box with the invoice from Winchester to the dealer in North Dakota. The others were good garden stakes but the serial numbers were readable. Needless to say the old home is starting to look a bit bigger. We're both looking forward to this next adventure. This is why I haven't been on the boards much lately. I've been a reading just not much writin'. Sorry
Gun Geek! Proud of it!
Old enough to know better!
TO old to care!

Online Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
Re: Next years homes
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 06:56:52 AM »
WOW, it looks and sounds like you have put together a great plan and have covered all the bases. Wishing you both safe travels and great retirement for Mrs. DH. Let me know if you make any travel plans to the NE.  @--0--0118
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 08:40:40 AM »
Wow!!! I would be totally lost trying to downsize. I would go even more crazy once I got somewhere and needed what I sold or threw out. Total Melt Down!! comes to mind. I hope all down sizing goes well and wish The Mrs and yourself safe travels and happy retirement!!

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 09:48:27 AM »
 I thinks what's great  one question witch one has my room in it

@--0--0102   ##$%#1118  love ya DH
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline yari

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 10:08:28 AM »
wow. did you sell your farm in WI? i'm guessing you sold it to your hunting buddies?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 10:39:32 AM »
Wow!! Sounds like a great adventure and happy retirement to Mrs. Dutch. I don't know if I could handle the downsizing might lose it a little. Sounds like your both ready to hit the road congratulations.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 01:08:35 PM »
Sounds like you two should have a fun retirement , My brother and his wife have been doing that for 4 years plus and love it .  ##$%#1118 
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline Dutch-Hunter

• Doin' what I love!
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 01:45:35 PM »
wow. did you sell your farm in WI? i'm guessing you sold it to your hunting buddies?

I did sell 120 acres to my hunt cabin buddy. We're going to keep the 86 with the farmstead as our legal address. Our daughter purchased our second 160 acre farm from us. Our son will purchase the balance next spring. He's also going to liquidate my machinery next spring once he decides what he wants to keep.

Gun Geek! Proud of it!
Old enough to know better!
TO old to care!

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 03:20:41 PM »
I wish you the best , Paul.  I don't know if I can handle the downsizing, as I have a tendency to be a packrat.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 07:24:21 PM »
Certainly wish you two the best - after working hard all of those decades it's time to get out there & enjoy yourselves.  Hope it's a long & healthy retirement for the both of you.  Please stay in touch with us!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 06:09:02 PM »
All the best!

Happy Trails!
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline gobihawk

• Nov/11 Prize Winner
  • 8 Point
  • Knowledge is the key to success
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 02:50:17 AM »
Awesome plan. Wish  you and Mrs. Dutch a long and happy retirement.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member
Green Bay Packers Owner & Season Ticket Holder

New Page 3

Google Ad