New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Buckarama and work weekend coming up....  (Read 290 times)

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Buckarama and work weekend coming up....
« on: August 18, 2018, 05:44:17 AM »
Yesterday Jap51, Metalman, Cobb Guy and myself went down to Perry, Ga. (30 miles south of Macon) to the annual Buckarama show. My main purpose of attending this show is to buy most of our seed for our food plots. I've been buying Whitetail Institute products for 25 years and get some really good deals on cost at this show. We bought some of everything No Plow, Oats plus, Winter Peas, Beats and Greens, Double Cross and Vision. The WTI rep indicated that they were going to discontinue Double Cross and replace it with Vision which is a mixture of Kale and Clover. Pick up two bags of Double Cross for a third of the price.

I'll be headed down to deer camp next Wednesday to finish up plowing and get ready for our work weekend and get the seed in the ground Friday and Saturday. Our Bow season starts 2 weeks later so I'm ready to get this party started.... @--0--0118
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Buckarama and work weekend coming up....
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 07:08:48 AM »
Split Toe - Hope you guys had a great time at Buckarama in Perry yesterday...what product did you guys see that was the "show-stopper" product?? Remember, when I lived in GA use to go to the Buckarama when it was held up in Southern Atlanta...boy has that section gone down hill...Glad they GON relocate to Perry...it is the center of the state and it gets bigger every year!!

Looking for to kicking off the season and like you said the GA BOW season starts in two weeks!!! But first the work weekend...spray down good all your clothes with the goat spray before heading to the woods!!!
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline metalman

• 8 Point
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 07:09:29 AM »
I'm ready to roll and get the plots in place, new roads around the clear cuts are going to be cut by the timber management company, then the great smoke out begins when the crews start the burn the areas. Camp should be bug free. I'll be down Friday morning after I get off duty at the fire station drop off my equipment then to the state training center. Gotta get people drunk for field sobriety training of our great police force and the state pays me to do it. I get free entertainment and dollars, ain't America great! Then back to camp to begin the hard work, for plots, repair the main bridge deck, clear trails and eating.
Metalman
Hit it while it is hot
NWTF Memeber
Butts County Sportsman Club Memeber
27 years hunting

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 11:14:13 AM »
 --099-780 --099-780 --099-780
That sounds like quite a deal Metalman!  Hope you don't have any "angry drunks" at your training session!

You guys all enjoy your time at camp putting in the new plots, hope you get some decent weather down there.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 02:01:51 PM »
Hpoe you all have a safe trip Split .  ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 03:25:50 PM »
good working on the plots. I get to go north and check mine out next weekend. i'm fairly optimistic. good rain w/I a week, but not much since
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline metalman

• 8 Point
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 07:37:21 AM »
Mad I don't worry about angry drunks I got at minimum 28 Officers ready and willing to handle the mean ones.
Metalman
Hit it while it is hot
NWTF Memeber
Butts County Sportsman Club Memeber
27 years hunting

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 10 Point
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 07:39:38 AM »
Split - Sounds like I need to look into Double Cross if it is 1/3 the price, that's a good deal!  Good luck to all of you GA club members getting the plots put in and all of the work around the club.  Hope y'all get rain right after the plots are put in also.  I would love to see some pictures of the work in progress.  Be safe fellas!

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 11:14:26 AM »
Mad I don't worry about angry drunks I got at minimum 28 Officers ready and willing to handle the mean ones.
Aw heck, you're golden then, all you gotta do is keep their glasses full!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad