New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: st croix river  (Read 162 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
st croix river
« on: August 12, 2018, 09:08:28 AM »
I spent Friday and Saturday on the st Croix river. Friday was a smallie trip and was great. smallies. northerns and catfish were on the munch. Saturday was a walleye outing. we had pizza last night @--0--0117 --099-780 can't win them all. I think its a crankbait bite instead of crawler bite

what is amazing is how low the river was. we had 4 weeks of flood/now wake in june and july. since then only about 1/2" rain. what a goofy summer. the corn is brown. beans are starting to fade and need rain. it's feast or famine. just south in WI and MN it'd been wet. I was there last week and there was high water and puddles. go figure
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Re: st croix river
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 07:21:55 PM »
Glad to hear you're getting out on the water Yari.  Was hoping to get the boat out yesterday but kids were home and informed me they had other plans which translated into Dad helping them get the house ready to have a bunch of old friends over.  Oh well, maybe next weekend.  Rainfall has been really goofy, we're in one of the dry bands, hoping to get some Tuesday night but will probably continue to miss us.

Think I'll go grab a beer and the ultralight & exercise some of the bluegill and bass in the backyard pond.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 11:04:20 AM »
Sounds like a great trip. You to talk to some NY and PA guys a gals and see if they will share all the rain they have been getting. i am sure they got several inches to spare.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 08:01:29 PM »
Always great to get out on the water...been way to hot here for fishing. Water temp's in the 80's and that sun is a killer. Only fishing this time of year is top water early and late or night fishing!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline yari

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 01:12:27 PM »
Always great to get out on the water...been way to hot here for fishing. Water temp's in the 80's and that sun is a killer. Only fishing this time of year is top water early and late or night fishing!

i know. @--0--0129 it was 90 here, but it's better than sitting in the house. cold beverages help
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 03:24:06 PM »

i know. @--0--0129 it was 90 here, but it's better than sitting in the house. cold beverages help
Amen to that...
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

New Page 3

Google Ad