New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Time to up the practice..  (Read 522 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Time to up the practice..
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 06:58:30 PM »
Yari - Thanks for the early Bday present... --099-780...I was in the external garage (EG) a few weeks ago and notice this box setting on top of my camo clothes, I kept in a scent free container....and wonder when did I ordered this stuff?? I am sure the guys in the club will like it...LOL...maybe I was going to do comparisons with the Morrell and the Block targets....oh yea, now I remember, wanted something small and portable to discharge the bow on to......I never dry fire the crossbow....never....

Thinking about getting a new Scope for it....humm....a Zeiss ??
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 07:39:48 PM »
bo- you are  @--0--0134. and happy early birthday
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • one cold day
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 08:56:02 PM »
I really don't need the practice as u guys know, I'm great at it --099-780 ##$%#114 ##$%#11

I don't mean to disagree with you DPD, but you stink with a bow  --099-780 I've been there and seen that.  ##$%#114 ##$%#114
--099-780 --099-780 --099-780 --099-780 ##$%#114 ^^&&$%GT (*&^&%# --09--0 -0078 ##$%#113 %^$^
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 8 Point
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 07:37:18 AM »
Bo - Are you hinting to yari to purchase a scope and "accidentally" send it to TN???  --099-780

Offline yari

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2018, 12:26:26 PM »
yes sir. i've been rehabbing my shoulder for 6-7 weeks. shooting has been OK. i'm only getting 20-25 shot in though. trying not to over do it

here's a question. does anyone put anything on their handle to prevent slipping? in the summer heat, my palm sweats and it slips. for some reason it really bad this year. getting too old i guess @--0--0117 i think mole skin would be too thick?

I found some one tape for hockey stick blades. believe it or not, I remember I used this on my of Screaming and strike Eagle bows. I even found it where I thought it would be.  @--0--0118 it's a little sticky now, but will wear as I shoot. it was much better than slipping. thx all for jogging my memory
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2018, 07:42:46 PM »
20 yards, aiming for the top bullseye

Still have room for improvement
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2018, 11:01:19 PM »
A bit high except for the one flier, if you can figure out the cause of the flier the rest is just a matter of tweaking pins?  Because of some ongoing shoulder issues, in recent years I haven't been shooting as many arrows, focusing instead on "first shot" placement at random distances.  I'll set the target up and toss arrows in a few different places, then go to the shaft, estimate the distance, draw and hold for a bit like I'm waiting for a deer to step into the clear, and then shoot.  Might only take 12-15 shots in an outing (last year took very few).  I do some shooting off my deck to simulate an elevated stand, in that case I'm at more of a fixed range and will shoot a few groups, but again typically not too many draws for the sake of the old shoulder.  Keep at it MIB, practice makes perfect.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2018, 10:29:28 AM »
keep after it. i set my 40 yard pin this weekend. unfortunately, that's all the room i have. i wish i could go 70-80. it sure tightens the groups

i'm 26 days from the WI opener. i'll head up this weekend and check cams, fertilize and get stands prepped. hopefully there is a toad to go after
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2018, 10:12:35 AM »
Here is my first 3 arrows for today. Im still on 25 yards but will be moving up to 30 today.
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline yari

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2018, 10:55:03 AM »
nice shooting HM. do you guys like shooting single spots? at $10-$15 and arrow, that can get expensive. once i get out to 40, i'll shoot a single spot

i had my first nice 40 yard round this AM. 5 for 5 in a fist sized group. prior to that, i've been sending 1 or 2 shots per round off the mark. with limited time in the AM before work, i haven't taken any pics. the next afternoon i shoot, i'll post. it's been too hot in the afternoons around here lately. but losing 3 minutes/day of light will force me to shoot after work pretty soon.

shoot straight!
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2018, 11:08:17 AM »
I shoot in 3 arrow cycles (shoot 3, rest for 5 or 10, shoot again). when I am still dialing in, I will shoot one spot. Once I start getting close, like the pic above, I will move to different spots.
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2018, 01:34:25 PM »
I've been focussing more on form and working around my shoulder pain.   The groups will tighten up if I can work through that.

If not, there is still the crossbow. LOL
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2018, 09:11:20 AM »
I need too.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2018, 08:42:03 PM »
Yari - When I first got the PSE-TAC15i, I thought to myself, Wow, what kind of wicked weapon do I have hear. After ordering it took me two years before it finally came in...and having shot it about 75 times over the year, I can tell you that this bow is a wicked weapon, holy smokes...but it is not practical for the woods. For the range yes it probably would out shoot most high powered rifle shooters, using high powered rifles while I would use the TAC15i, man it is deadly and wicked!! After shooting it a few times, I knew this was a too heavy and to long for the woods...even with a Caldwell Field Pod....

About 3 years ago, bought a smaller and almost as fast as the PSE was a Styker Solutions LS....unbeknownst to me at the time of my purchased, went back to the local shop 4 time and shot it three times before I finally purchased it....that Split Toe had purchased a Styker Katrina the year before I purchased mine. Think I miss the entire Archery season due to all my knee surgeries! and did not realize that he had purchased it....but once we started comparing them last year, we both laughed and said that  they were good crossbows....

I have shot mine already this year one day probably around 20 times.....so need to shoot it once a week until I head south for the archery season, and maybe can use it for the black power or muzzle loader season as well??...humm....something to think about....

But yes I am getting there...slowly but surely....

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2018, 07:54:44 AM »
I was shooting last night.  I am fine at 20, 30 and 40 but forget 50.  But that's OK here in GA its too think any way for distance shooting.  We do not have any bean fields.  Yet.  How about Split Toe  --099-780  Just one really big bean field for some long range  --09--0
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

New Page 3

Google Ad