New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Amazon Deals on Game Trail Camera  (Read 883 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Online Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
Re: Amazon Deals on Game Trail Camera
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 08:29:00 AM »
Bo the description talks about everything but type of batteries, battery life and dimensions of the camera? These are a few items that a lot of folks are interested in. However the price is very good, but the brand is unknown to me?

Like yourself, if I was really in the market for a couple of new cameras, I may consider trying a couple for the price alone.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 09:52:57 AM »
read all the reviews... it seems the non-hunter, backyard watcher like it and the hunters, who use cams all the time, dont.
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 03:19:27 PM »
i never heard of these
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 08:53:42 PM »
After reading the reviews, Huntmaster you are right in your assessment....humm...

Gutshot, yea you are right, but I sort of figured AA batteries probably 6 or 8 of them.....

Yari - Never heard of them either, probably made in China or ????

But it did get 4 out of 5 stars...

I think I will pass on the game trail camera and order me a couple of more Browning.....at 3 times the price of this one!! Ouch....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 09:21:39 PM »
bo- i'm a browning fan. they function the best up here in cold weather. that said, bushnell seems to have a better warranty.
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 07:40:13 AM »
As someone who buys a lot from Amazon, I have learned to dig deep into the reviews. You have to figure out which ones are fake reviews that the manufacturer creates, which are from idiots that couldn't pour water out of their boot, which are from people who rarely use the product and which are the real reviews that give you the info you need. Never just go by the stars...
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 08:57:57 AM »
As someone who buys a lot from Amazon, I have learned to dig deep into the reviews. You have to figure out which ones are fake reviews that the manufacturer creates, which are from idiots that couldn't pour water out of their boot, which are from people who rarely use the product and which are the real reviews that give you the info you need. Never just go by the stars...

I second the reading reviews. Playing close attention to where they are shipping from and time it took to receive. Plenty of products are being shipped from China and delivery sometimes can be very painful. In some cases never receiving product at all.

Offline Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 11:55:02 AM »
Found the video review on YouTube, better quality than on Amazon.

Holds 8 AA batteries.

Browning cameras for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZwgKCpGEBc

PJ
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 06:33:07 PM »
Guys - After reading your comments and concerns, I am pulling my posting and let you guys that I ordered a new Browning Game Trail Camera from Midway for $65! reduced $45 bucks....and to my door it will cost me a total of $77 for shipping and tax and round up for the NRA!! It should be here next Monday!!

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 07:31:43 AM »
I believe that was a wise choice     ##$%#11
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 10:48:04 AM »
Got my sixth Browning Game Trail Camera (GTC) in yesterday and for $77 to my door, not a bad price...Attached is a picture of all the Browning's GTC and the container that hold my extra batteries and SD Cards. I think a few years ago, I got in 10 - 4G - SD cards from Amazon for some ridiculous low price...cheaper by the dozen...and each camera holds 8 AA batteries, that is one thing I considered that this GCT camera took the same size batteries as my flashlight, Canon 160 SX camera, my Walkie-Talkie's and portable radios (Trying to standardized on this size battery). I take at least 16 new AA batteries when I got down and keep them in the camper just in case along with a bunch of SD cards in the container also shown in the picture...

Think if you look at the picture, right to left was the order in which I bought them....the first one was a 1 - black one and then 2 - brown ones, 2 camo ones and the one I just got in was another camo, for a total of 6.....In all fairness, have two other Cuddieback GCT (In the Truck), probably first generation, because they take 4 D size battery each and a 2G SD card...no more than 2G , according to the manual, that is all the memory it can handle, but still that is alot of photos....they are plain brown solid color and big as a shoe box.....

Happy with my Browning's.....

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/308725/browning-range-ops-xv-infrared-game-camera-10-megapixel-camo

Here is the link if anyone is interested....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 10:50:48 AM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2018, 11:39:10 AM »
Look the same as my Brownings, except I use the Mini Dark Ops.   Leave mine out year round, so I really test how long they last, along with battery use.  @--0--0123
One Camera malfunction was the latch breaking on one I had just purchased/put out when I checked it.  Sent Browning an email and told them it was a Plastic moulding problem.  My wife was a Quality Technician for Bussman Fuses and they used injection moulding for the fuse blocks they made.  It was a wreak fill in the break area.  They not only sent me a replacement latch but 4 of them.

Have had the first ones for over 4-5 years.  Only problem I have had, one was stolen.   :-\

Moultrie ones lasted about 3-4 years and just quit, 8 of them in the order I purchased.    @--0--0126

Cuddeback ones lasted 2-3 years and nothing, 6 of them.   :'(

PJ
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline yari

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2018, 03:28:33 PM »
I got 3 brownings out this weekend at the cabin. I hope i'm surprised
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2018, 08:15:03 PM »
PJ - You have soooo many GTC's and they seems to last....Yea, I sort expect one or two of them to get stolen, that seems what happens to them these days...easy target....funny a guy whom I use to hunt with had 3 of his stolen one weekend so he set up a dummy camera and caught the guy on a secondary smaller camouflage camera located in a pile of rocks and not on a tree where the one that was on the tree got stolen...they eventually caught the guy after a year. They patterned him using what else GTC...LOL...so they set up a trap for him and sure enough caught him. When they executed a search for his home they found nearly 50 GTC in his possession...the only problem the gave him a slap on the wrist and ordered him to stay out of the woods for the next 2 years, with a fine of $1000 and restoration or replacement of the cameras, many of the owners refuse to press charges and other just never did show up in court....so he got off very easy. So I full expect some of them to get stolen.... 

Yes, I am getting older and the set up for all the Browning are the same way, and that is good. Love them, put them out for about 4 months then bring them home, take the batteries out and test them and transfer the pictures from the SD cards and then get them ready to go again for the following year....

You have had three different manufacturers, which one do you like the best?? Browning, Moultrie or Cuddeback ??

I plan to put all 6 of them out this August in hopes that be fruitful this year....

I would spec out the small fast blow fuses (the AGX series) for most of the PLC panels that would interface with the Series CC for the 480V AC breakers we would spec out..small world.....

Yari - Let us all know if you have a big one of one of the 3 GTC you put out this weekend....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 08:16:46 PM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad