New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Range Results 6-21-2018 - Part 2  (Read 283 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Range Results 6-21-2018 - Part 2
« on: June 22, 2018, 06:20:36 AM »
Range Results 6-21-2018 Part 2 - In Part one, it was all about the rimfires and this post it is all about the centerfires....my three rifles I grabbed were the 26 Nosler, which I am trying to work through, instead of my usual 3 shot group, it was a 5 shot group....and at 200 yards....the other two rifles were 308's...before you ignore this post, one of the 308's was the Cooper M22 VPE that I had not shot in 4 years...I took a very nice buck at the GA Hunt Club with this rifle. I think took it to the range 4 years ago, but have not shot it much since then....shot just like it predecessor target - Low. Still need to work on the trigger and get it down to 2 to 2.5 lbs.....the other 308 was a Kimber 8400 Patrol Rifle with its 20" heavy barrel and Leupold VX6 2-12X scope...nice set up all around....

After comparing the new targets shot yesterday and compared them to their previous targets, all of the shot where they were suppose to. The Nosler definitely likes a heavy bullet in it and will work out all the ballistics later on after settling in on a round....The Cooper shot low and the Kimber #2 shot high, but all of the groups, the Kimber shot the best group...the Cooper and Kimber were at 100 yards, the Nosler was 200 yards......Dutch this is a chip shot for you, but to us Southern boys, this is a good group....

Note the last photo shows a guy in the back ground shooting a new Ruger Precision Rifle (RPR)in 22 LR....this looks and feels just like it bigger brother, the 5.56. AFter the photo the guys came down and wonder what we are shooting, we tend to do that down here in the South, it's called being neighborly....but got to handle and feel the RPR 22 LR and it was very nice...although he was complaining about his groups using Remington ammo....so being neighborly, I gave him 10 rounds of the Eley and 10 Rounds of the Lapua Midas for him to try in his RPR...he later thanked me for the ammo and told me that he shot much better groups at 100 yards using the Lapua Midas 22 LR ammo....

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
Re: Range Results 6-21-2018 - Part 2
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 06:29:57 PM »
Well heck - I see the problem for that guy with the RPR - he's shooting from the wrong side of the gun!  That'll never work.   --099-780

My apologies to all you southpaws out there.  I do some stuff lefty, but can't shoot worth a darn that way, gotta plant my right eyeball behind the sight for some reason.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 12:27:16 AM »
Mad - I am a Southpaw, do everything except shoot left handed!!! also left eye dominate....but shoot right handed. Way back when I started out shooting there were no or very few and expensive left handed rifles so I adapted.....

You notice the RPR guy also, shooting from the wrong side....LOL....my first comments to him, but he told me later and I gave him some ammo, he was right handed but felt so much better shooting left handed that he stuck with it...by the way the RPR was a right handed rifle...LOL.....funny that you mention it.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 02:06:37 PM »
Emily is a lefty that is right eye dominant. she wanted to shoot left, but her bow sight wouldn't adjust far enough @--0--0105

I think you should move your range days to fall. isn't blasted hot?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 02:24:31 PM »
Friday night we lost power to our house for 7.5 hours thanks to a storm and an old tree right on the edge of the property.....so my wife and I decided to get out of here and head to were else - Walmart - The crowd at any Wally World can be entertaining at best...Were does these people come from with orange or purple hair, tattoos all over the place and nose rings and many other rings or piercing probably all over the body, the only ones we could see where on the faces!! Talk about Ugly and they probably voted for Hillary also....that is so sad....that is another post for another day.....We ate at Wendy's for dinner that cost us $8.74 then head over to Wally World to check out the Coolers for the range, found a smaller size 6 pack hard, it made by igloo and can hold a couple of ice packs frozen drinks and a couple of cokes....Got to stay hydrated at the range... :P

I thought I would break it in this week on Wednesday at the range, headed there by myself and will take the rimfires again...Have taken the Savage HM2 there for the last couple of weeks and have not taken the magazine with it....that sucks! What is worse, I left it at home for the second straight week!!! 10 years ago I would not have forgotten it, it sucks getting older....but I got the cooler stilling on the downstairs bar just waiting...will go ahead and put the Savage 17 HM2 with its magazine in the truck tomorrow morning, along with a box of Eley HM2 that I bought from Billy....purchased 4 sleeve from him each sleeve contains 10 boxes of 50 each = 500 x 4 sleeves = 2K rounds..... --09--0

So this coming week will take some vintage rifles to the range and yes one or two of them will be a old 308's.....yes so almost as old as I am !!   --099-780

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 05:04:56 PM »
bo- the really sad part of the wally world folks is we paid for all the body abuse w/ taxes. they don't have jobs, just govt checks in the mail

sorry, didn't want to ruin your sunday
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 12:41:11 PM »
Yari - That's OK....you know how things all even out...well with the misfits working at Wally World.....later on, around midnight we had guys and trucks in front of our house, they were all nice professional and hard working guys, I wanted to buy the bucket truck they were in because it would make a great deer stand....I asked the guy how often do they turn them over and he told me about every 5 years they will replace them, (Metalman would know more about that) and ask him if he knew what they were going for, he said about 20K, I told him that is an high price for a 5 mpg truck that I would use on three of four times a year....LOL...we lost power for 7.5 hours on Saturday night so the best half and I went to Wendy's and then stopped at Wally World....we normally go to Wally World in the mornings where they seem to be the day crew working but then how many times a year do you loose power for over 6 hours....So it even out, the bad folks early on and then the good folks later comes banging on your door at midnight...it's funny how things even out....LOL....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 02:42:32 PM »
what is a 'bucket truck'?
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 12:29:42 AM »
Yari - Here is a photo of a typical Bucket Truck, similar to the one in my back yard the other night/early morning .......they are used by linemen every where.....would make a very good deer stand....LOL....
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 12:31:31 AM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 05:56:04 PM »
I was thinking about a pickup. my mind didn't go there. LOL. yes it would be a good stand if the hydraulics hold out
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad