New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Link to Manufacturers Fleeing to Firearm Friendliy States  (Read 323 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Link to Manufacturers Fleeing to Firearm Friendliy States
« on: June 21, 2018, 05:46:20 AM »
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2018/6/18/firearm-manufacturers-flee-to-gun-friendly-states/

This is a good simple article that contains a chart near the bottom of the article about the manufacturers that have moved to more firearm friendlier states.....

Enjoy.....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
Re: Link to Manufacturers Fleeing to Firearm Friendliy States
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 07:55:04 PM »
Bo - thanks for posting that - it's pretty shocking when you see the shift in production numbers.  Some food for thought:  Back in the 1860's the US had this little skirmish known as "The War Between The States" which resulted in a horrific loss of American lives, more than in any other conflict the US has participated in (WW II was the second worst, but only had about 60% of the casualties of the Civil War).  While there are numerous things you can point to as key factors in the eventual Union victory one big factor was their huge advantage in manufacturing capacity for rifles and other vital supplies for their army.  Let's now do a little "what if" scenario based on the numbers in Bo's article.  Heaven forbid, if we had another North Vs South conflict - - which side would you want to be on?   The South now has the manufacturing, but the North still has the bulk of the steel mills & foundries . . . let's hope none of us ever see that scenario in person.

Those same states which are heavily biased to the liberal side of the argument are not only a miserable place for a gun manufacturer, but also any other heavy manufacturer - many of those already fled to the South/Southeast due to the relaxed labor laws (right to work states).  What many of those manufacturers have learned since is that the competition for skilled labor is pretty fierce and turnover is high, naturally forcing wage rates up (great for the workers!) so the labor savings are nowhere near as significant as expected but with all of the other benefits none of those companies are considering going back North.  Given more time I wonder what will be left north of Mason/Dixon.  After I retire next year I'm gonna move to Tennessee & let Bo adopt me - in return I'll carry all of his .308s around for him.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 12:57:46 AM »
Mad - Some great points you made.....Most of the barrels for my Cooper rifles are Wilson barrels which are located in Connecticut?? I for one would not like to see the conflict escalate to another War Between the States, but When Lincoln got assassinated, it was the worst thing that could have happen to the South. Lincoln was never liked to start with but he had some very good and strong thoughts about reuniting the Nation and was going to Make American Great Again, like someone else we know today.....it may come down to the Liberals versus the Conservatives (now that would not be a fair fight, would it!). I have a copy of a book that I wish everyone ought to read, its called The South Was Right, by James Ronald Kennedy it points out the myths about the South. It goes to show that the Civil War as not about Slavery, it was about States Rights to buy and sell to whomever had the highest bidder. But the North had all the mills and selling the cotton to England would put thousands of folks up North out of work and the Congress and the Senate back then demanded that the South sell to the Northern Companies. The book goes on to tell the real story of the War Between the States....

James Ronald Kennedy was on the Neil Boortz Radio Show in Atlanta way back in the 80's and after listening to him, I had to have his book, today I often refer to it...it is a great read....Sort of reminds you of today's Republicans versus the Democrats stand off in Congress!!!   

Companies and Steel Mills can be reopened and relocated if need be...that is for sure, and I must agree with you on the fact that Northern financial companies located in very liberal (and misguided) states are making life miserable for those who still make rifle or their components. That sucks I know and hopefully the companies will relocate down South. We both (Madgomer and I) may not see it in our life time, but future generation are taking up the call that it not about the guns, it is about control of the people and most folks can see the planting of the liberal seeds in schools of all levels today....they cannot see how and why this country works so sad to see some of the young so misguided and doesn't even understand our Constitution!!

I could go on and on, on the subject but will not...thanks for the thoughtful post Mad....oh yea, will start building your new tree house in the back yard for after you retire....LOL....     
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 01:53:05 PM »
libs vs conservative civil war? it could come to it if they keep pushing
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 05:56:24 PM »
At least if that's the way the battle lines are drawn you know it won't be a lengthy battle.   The first snowflake that gets bruised all the others will flock to it and start throwing a hissy fit.
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 06:56:52 PM »
At least if that's the way the battle lines are drawn you know it won't be a lengthy battle.   The first snowflake that gets bruised all the others will flock to it and start throwing a hissy fit.

if it were only that easy to get rid of them. could you imagine a country run only by smart folks like us? @--0--0118 @--0--0131
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 10:15:10 PM »
Nice! I miss being in Alabama but loking forward to getting to out new home in west coast Florida and away from these northern crazies
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline Madgomer

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 08:57:28 PM »

if it were only that easy to get rid of them. could you imagine a country run only by smart folks like us? @--0--0118 @--0--0131
Sign me up Yari, I'm good with that vision!   @--0--0105
and enjoy it!

Offline Viking1204

• 12 Point
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 11:27:59 AM »
Nice! I miss being in Alabama but loking forward to getting to out new home in west coast Florida and away from these northern crazies

LOL, the part of Florida I think you're moving to is very liberal! The Conservative part of Florida is NW Florida!
Air Force Veteran

New Page 3

Google Ad