New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: dad outting  (Read 83 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
dad outting
« on: June 14, 2018, 04:39:49 PM »
I took dad out yesterday. we kept 7 walleye and let go at least 10 more shorts. it was a great night. if my dad would have used a leader on his lindy rig longer than 16", i'm sure we would have had a limit.  @--0--0105 I learned not to argue @--0--0117

he managed to break my pedastal seat. he is the 2nd 'quest' to break a seat. i think i need to start charging them. anyway, any recommendations on a replacement? i'm looking for solid and comfortable. any ideas?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Re: dad outting
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 05:30:14 PM »
only invite skinny guests? 
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline yari

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 06:56:12 PM »
only invite skinny guests?

that would be hypocritical. i'm +50# lighter than them, but still not slim
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 07:23:43 PM »
Yari,
what kind of seats/pedestals are you using today & how are they failing?  I've had a couple of different styles of pedestals, really liked the ones in my Lund (have since sold the boat) for the hydraulics, but the floor sockets were a pain.  In my current boat I have fixed height pedestals and they seem pretty lightweight vs. the others, but so far no failures (probably because they rarely get used - aarrgghh).
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 02:11:14 PM »
the crestliner failed when my buddy (+250#) decided to lean back and stretch. the hinge stop busted. the replacement was a $50 wise and it broke w/ my dad doing the same thing. the plastic base broke on this one

i just went and bought a cabelas pro seat. i like the design better and will use this for me. i'll move mine to the passenger and put a sign "if you break it, you buy it!!!!!"
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad