New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: MN morons  (Read 370 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
MN morons
« on: June 07, 2018, 06:21:22 PM »
MN continues in the liberal moron gold medal award AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! the moose population in isle royal island is getting "too high". the economic and rational solution would be to have a controlled hunt. MN would get an application fee, license fee and all the revenue from the hunter s via hotels, food, gas.....

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they will introduce 30 wolves w/ plans to increase that number in future years. how stupid is that?????? now it will have a net NEGATIVE COST to MN instead of a huge net profit and many pounds of great meat to feed MN residents for many years. this could have been a legacy hunt for many years. instead, the wolves will wipe out the herd. that is after millions spent to bring the wolves in. taxpayers will pay to a net loss AGAIN

am I wrong? @--0--0117 @--0--0117 how can elected officials be sooooo stupid ??? ???
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: MN morons
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 07:07:41 PM »
Yari - I agree with you fully. A controlled draw hunt would be profitable for the state and good for the MN Hunting and Fishing Industry....hopefully the farmer around there will institute their own brand of justice for those Wolves....yep liberals are the worst problems, turn the wolves onto the liberals....LOL....

A story that I can share is that one year it rain and rain and rain some more down in the everglades between Florida and Georgia...so what did the state recommend....a hunt of course, to take out 15% of the deer heard due to the water rising so fast down there that the deer would suffer and die.....the state had a draw hunt, names had been drawn, lucky hunters had been notified, the dates were set for 2 or 3 weekend hunts....well at the last minute PETA step in and filed an lawsuit stopping the state from hunting. They said they needed more time to study the situation.....it went to court, naturally the court sided with the Game and Fish folks, but it was too late, the hunts were delayed and reschedule....hunters were disappointed. The deer heard ended up losing about 30% of the population to starvation and disease.....it took the deer heard over 10 years for the deer heard to repopulate and become strong again.....

Remember a few years ago in a affluent subdivision in Virginia, the deer population was exploding and the residents called on the city to do its job....PETA got involved and they wanted to put some sort of birth control in food station, when that did not work, they brought in Archery hunters. That work pretty good but then they finally ended up hiring a local SWAT teams form 3 or 4 different areas and did some hunting deer at night, and the residents complained and then they finally finished managing their population.....

There are many other stories that i have heard of!!

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 08:43:12 PM »
I hear you bo. many of the same issues up here to.

I found it repulsive that WI had it's first elk hunt w/ 10 tags. 5 tags went to the tribe due to a treaty 200 years ago. needless to say I kept the $10 application fee in my pocket. the DNR took an elk program that is a wolf feeding program joke and added acid to the situation and gave 1/2 of the tags to the tribes. they have no right to those tags

that said, at least WI issued some tags
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 10:44:39 PM »
DNR needs to run their business based on facts and data, not emotions, but sadly they're failing in many cases.  Introducing more wolves will disrupt the balance, and the wolves are not going to simply target a few moose and go away.  So stupid!!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 06:32:39 AM »
What happened to the existing wold population on the island.

For years it would swing back and forth. The moose would thrive then the wolves would increase and cut the moose numbers then the wolf population would decline because the mose population had declined, rinse and repeat......

I know some wolves would migrate out when the lake frooze but I thought they still had xecent numbers there.

As far as the DNR....i have no answer. I think.they often try to ride the political lines rather than just focusing on the task.   IMHO, every time they have introduced a preditor it has tutned out badly. This goes for wolves all the way down to insects.   
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 06:43:04 AM »
DNR needs to run their business based on facts and data, not emotions, but sadly they're failing in many cases.  Introducing more wolves will disrupt the balance, and the wolves are not going to simply target a few moose and go away.  So stupid!!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 03:43:52 PM »
MI- the DNR claims there are only 2 wolves left up there and they won't breed. I don't believe that for a minute, but that's their story
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 08:36:56 PM »
MI- the DNR claims there are only 2 wolves left up there and they won't breed. I don't believe that for a minute, but that's their story

Not buying that one either
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

New Page 3

Google Ad