New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: HM2 Barrel  (Read 77 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
HM2 Barrel
« on: May 29, 2018, 01:25:08 PM »
Just got in a few hours ago, a WhistlePig HM2 barrel and got a small strip of Emery cloth with it....I set up the CZ455 and removed the trigger shoe and then 17HMR barrel on it and got the receiver ready for the WP 17HM2 barrel.....

1) First impressions, it is light very light, compared to the 22" CZ barrels, this is a polymer barrel wrapped in a stainless steel liner....the finish is nice and clean, shame it going to get scratched up with me fitting it and sanding it down....but will post some pictures tomorrow of the CZ455 with the new WP 17HM2 and the other barrels for the CZ.....

2) One hour later - Still sanding with emery cloth polishing it down and it is almost there...another hour and I should have it, then I am going to reblue the part that I sanded....

3) Finally (around 11 pm) after a lot of sanding, got it fitted on the CZ455 receiver...look nice, put the rifle back together and it will go out with me to the range along with my other 17 HM2  (a Savage 93 20" Stainless Heavy Barrel with Gray Laminated stock) and see how it does.....

4) Pictures to follow or all the CZ455 with the 20" 17 HM2 barrel on it plus all the other barrels and calibers I have for it......
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 05:50:07 AM by BoBallistic »
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
2017 SCI Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 11 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
Re: HM2 Barrel
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 10:37:33 AM »
OK - Finally got in the New WhistlePig 17HM2 Barrel installed and put the rifle back together again......After that, got all 4 of barrels and lay them out and took pictures of them for record information only....The 17HM2 barrel is installed on the CZ455 and is ready for the range....the TRACT Optic 22Fire scope is 4-12X x 40mm, has a BDC reticule....we will see what happens at the range.

Photos show that I have two 17HMR barrels, one with sights and one without sites....don't know why, I ordered them but I do......the other two barrel are the 22LR and the 22WMR....I own 5 barrels for the CZ455...great, what flexiblity right, but it comes at a cost....

Since the CZ455 is a switch-barrel type rimfire, to go from a short 22LR and a longer 22WMR, you will need an Magazine Adapter Block. When I first got the CZ455 in the 22 MAG configuration and then shortly got the 17HMR barrel for it, and when I got the 22 LR barrel a plastic piece came with it....This basically makes the shorter magazine fits into the longer magazine well....I went ahead and order two more Magazine Adapter Block and a Single shot magazine block and a couple of more 10 shot 22LR/17HM2 magazines this morning, what to make sure that if I lose one of the Magazine Adapter Block, that I will have another one...the one and only I have works great but what happens if I am in the woods hunting squirrels and somehow I accidentally hit the magazine release button, then all will drop out and the Magazine Adapter Block is a very small piece that you will loose if this happens....so I order two more from DIP (Diversity Innovative Products) and a couple of more other polymer magazines..... 
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
2017 SCI Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 10:47:47 AM »
Great looking combo Bo can't wait to see how the new barrel performs at the range.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 05:39:33 AM »
Bue - See Range Results 6-6-18 posting....it shot pretty good, had to tweak the scope on it for the first three rounds then settle in on a nickel size group at 50 yards....so I need to dig out my Eley Ammo for it before heading back to the range....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
2017 SCI Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 01:05:12 PM »
Bue - See Range Results 6-6-18 posting....it shot pretty good, had to tweak the scope on it for the first three rounds then settle in on a nickel size group at 50 yards....so I need to dig out my Eley Ammo for it before heading back to the range....
I just looke dat the results that is a sweet rig Bo!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

New Page 3

Google Ad