New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Range Results for Wednesday 5-23, Part 2  (Read 170 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Range Results for Wednesday 5-23, Part 2
« on: May 24, 2018, 07:23:02 PM »
The Nosler 48 Liberty is a very good rifle, the caliber is a 26 Nosler.  It is a Nosler bottom of the line, custom receiver, with a 26" Pac-Nor barrel, Twist in the barrel is 1 in 8, Timney trigger and a HS Precision stock, it has all the components to make it a good shooting rifle....this is my second Nosler, the first one was their TGR (Trophy Grade Rifle) Line, in 300 WSM...took it on both Safaris and it worked great.... the 129 gn pill comes out of the barrel at around 3600 FPS, (that is too slow for Dutch...LOL...) I am using a Nosler 129 gn Accubond Long Range, IMR7828, 74 gns, Nosler Brass, GM215 Primers and seat the bullet .025 off the lans...As I said it is still experimental load with an experimental rifle....still not bad...but I can tell you that it does not like the load I am using....

Had three fouling shots and four shots on target....maybe should have used a quarter instead of a dime...LOL...

Distance was 200 yards to target and the weather conditions were the same as Part 1

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 05:25:08 PM by BoBallistic »
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
Re: Range Results for Wednesday 5-23, Part 2
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 12:53:50 PM »
Not bad I am sure you can squeeze em up more if you want to!!  @--0--0123
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Range Results for Wednesday 5-23, Part 2
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 02:22:48 PM »
Blue - Had some 129 gn that I loaded up and will load up some 142 gn for the next time I go....tell you right now, that 200 yards away it look pretty good until I went down and look at the target....the Nosler 48 Liberty, doesn't not like the 129...maybe the 142's.....have some 142's that are fairly old that need to shoot up and then have an excuse to ordered some more LR Accubonds...hehehehe.....

I would like to find the right long range load for the 26 Nosler.....say to shoot under 3/4 MOA at 600 yards, that would be 4 inch group at 600 yards!!! That is the plan for 2018 is to get the right load for it and get a few more fixed and then shoot them.....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 01:01:23 PM by BoBallistic »
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad