New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: vortex optics  (Read 506 times)

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
vortex optics
« on: May 06, 2018, 05:49:37 PM »
    Does anyone know for sure what is being made in Wisconsin and what is being made over seas.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: vortex optics
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 08:03:35 PM »
i have no idea. maybe you can google it? i know they have a manufacturing/ marketting facility around Madison. i believe they are going to have tours or already have tours if you are interested
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 03:27:14 PM »
Notsams - Yari - Some of the scope are made in China, some in the Philippines and some in Japan, just depends of the line...I have a ton of Crossfire II, made in China, and the Viper Line is made in the Phillippines and the Razor line are made in Japan....the price and quality will tell you that.....

I must admit that is has been at least 6 months since I purchased and Vortex Product and will email my contact there and hopefully he will get back to me.....This is common for Optic Manufacturers to divide their lines up to different countries.....

Tract Optics high end binoculars are made in Japan...talk to one of the owners there and they have told me that they work with a quality optics manufacturer over there.....
Nikon is another company that started off in Japan, and Tasco did the same, but now days, you never know where they are coming from.....
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 03:35:18 PM by BoBallistic »
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 05:32:03 AM »
I emailed my contact at Vortex and he told me that they have products made everywhere, even the USA! He asked me if I was talking about Rifle Scopes or Binoculars or Spotting scope or Range Finders.....he responded late yesterday and am waiting on his response to my latest question...

They are located in Middleton, Wisconsin, that is due West of Milwaukee...I bet they have some cold winters up there...good way to test out your products on the cold!!!
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 12:22:36 PM »
Guys - Here is his answer to my questions that I posed to him...just cut and pasted it his response below....

"Riflescopes:
Razor HD AMG: USA
Razor Gen II: Partial USA/partial Japan
Razor HD: Japan
Golden Eagle: Japan
All Vipers and Diamondbacks: Philippines
All Strike Eagles and Crossfires: China

Binoculars:
All bino lines manufactured in China (for the record, I donít believe there are currently any US-made binoculars made in the world)

One big picture thing to keep in mind here- we are doing more production and business than we have ever done before. Youíre absolutely seeing more done here, not less.

Thanks again for all the support, Bo! We really appreciate that and I hope youíll let me know if you need anything else at all. Iím happy to help anytime."

This is news to me that their HD AMG are made (or just assembled? humm...) here in the USA....but I am sure that they are very expensive....but I'm sure there are good binoculars. Hope this helps you guys out, sure has helped me out.....

Bo

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 06:56:04 PM »
   Awsome thanks for the great info Bo.

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 10:17:28 PM »
They are very good binos. Well above you mas marketed brands. I had them and gave them to my son when I spolied myself with TWO Swarvoski  binos!
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 12:30:57 AM »
Flint - Yea I got some EL's (10x32) and few years back and every since then have been using them as my reference binoculars to compare them against all the other brands....They are still number one with the heavier and more expensive pairs such as the Leopold Gold Ring, 10x42, Vortex Viper 10x42, Zeiss Conquest 8x42, Steiner Peregrine 10x42.....I agree with you that the Swarovski's are the best brand out there but that is subject to these old eyes....

If you remember last year I was on a $200 and under quest for the best binoculars out there...I must admit that I did caught a few that was one time sale only like some of the Zeiss and Leupold, both sets of binoculars were MSRP at $399.99 and got them delivered to my door for under $200!!

The Vortex Diamondbacks are a great pair for the money....I donated on pair to Summerblast a few years ago only to regret (Bugfixer ended up with them) the move. A few years later, purchased a replacement pair of the 10x32 pairs for under $200.....Great binoculars for the money.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline gobihawk

• Nov/11 Prize Winner
  • 8 Point
  • Knowledge is the key to success
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 03:17:27 AM »
I have a Diamondback spotting scope. I live 45 minutes from Middleton.  I went to the Vortex store. The rep there was very helpful. Along with the spotting scope I bought an adapter for my camera to use the spotting scope as a camera lens. Works good. If had the money would have bought an HD spotting scope.

Heard lots of good things about Votex. My son was working on the boss's house. He found out it was his birthday so he gave him a Vortex sweatshirt. My cousins buddy works there. He told my cousin  that when he showed the boss a picture of an animal his father shot. The boss noticed the scope wasn't a Vortex. He gave him a Vortex scope and said next time you show me a picture of your father with an animal it will have a Vortex scope in it.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member
Green Bay Packers Owner & Season Ticket Holder

New Page 3

Google Ad