New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: i'm going crazy  (Read 447 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
i'm going crazy
« on: April 19, 2018, 02:43:21 PM »
i'm heading out tomorrow. 6-8" of crusty snow today, so run and gun is out of the question. 22 in the morning getting to 50 in the afternoon. i'm finally seeing some fanning. if i can find a patch of open ground, i think i'll be good

so far the bridge isn't flooded. hopefully it doesn't flood when i'm on the wrong side tomorrow. there is still a lot of snow to melt, so it could happen. @--0--0117 if it does happen, i'll be real skinny after a week --099-780
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: i'm going crazy
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 02:47:51 PM »
Good luck Yari!! Dress warm. ##$%#11
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 04:06:59 PM »
Good luck on your hunt , had one like that several years ago , used a popup blind and ended up getting one on the last day . @--0--0101
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 07:41:13 AM »
I'm out here today on my first hunt of the spring.  Chilly but clear and dead calm.  Haven't heard a bird yet this morning, but a group of 4 hens just strolled through quietly so I know there are some birds here.  Good luck Yari, stay warm and dry!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 10 Point
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 08:04:32 AM »
Good luck Mad.  Yari - I'm just glad you are able to get out of the house and into the wilderness!

Offline Madgomer

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 03:47:57 PM »
Good luck Mad.  Yari - I'm just glad you are able to get out of the house and into the wilderness!
Amen to that!
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 03:52:50 PM »
had a fun morning. there wasn't much gobbling. actually, the normal place was dead and no tracks either.

i was the hen king. i called in a single, a group of 6 and another single. i couldn't believe not a single tom in tow? @--0--0117. they all came buy at less than 15 yards talking the whole time. live decoys @--0--0120 @--0--0120

at 10:30 i had 4 bucks come to the decoys. they were fun. 2 one year olds and 2 two year olds. they came w/i 3 steps head bobs and all. the funny thing was they didn't bolt and were downwind. i guess a don't stink as bad as you guys think i do  @--0--0105

i also got to watch a grouse drum on a log for 1/2 hour

the river in w/i 6" of the top. i might be done for the weekend. it's melting good right now
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 03:59:22 PM »
I never heard a single gobble all morning, didn't see anything but those four hens, and didn't even hear a cluck from them as they went by.  Will hit it again tomorrow.  Good luck Yari, hope the water stays within the banks for you.
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 04:03:23 PM »
I never heard a single gobble all morning, didn't see anything but those four hens, and didn't even hear a cluck from them as they went by.  Will hit it again tomorrow.  Good luck Yari, hope the water stays within the banks for you.

good luck mad. at one point i had some toms coming up the hill screaming at every call. i could hear at least 3 different toms. no idea where they went? a single hens came in shortly after. after that they went quiet
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad