New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Spider and game camera  (Read 219 times)

Offline treefarmer

• 7 Point
Spider and game camera
« on: April 12, 2018, 10:14:58 PM »
When we burned the woods last week, we removed the camera and then put it back within an hour of the burn being over.  I  pull the cards on my cameras each week and yesterday I discovered a spider had built a nest over the lens of the camera.  I noticed it when I drove up to the camera, a white looking circle across the lens.  I didn't have a camera with me at the time so I just removed the nest and the little spider that had set up house keeping.  Never had this happen before and of the almost 400 pictures that were taken only about 50 were viewable.
The 1st picture, a day after the burn, shows an unusual line reflecting sun light, that of course is the spider web as it was getting set up to homestead on the camera. 
The second picture is an example of the remaining pictures on the card.  The camera would actually pick up the reflection of the deer's eyes during daylight hours as I suppose the lens could not sense the light and cause it to do the infrared shots it normally does at night. 
The 3rd picture, I believe, shows the spiders body.
I know some folks leave a camera for month at a time, this would be a big disappointment to not capture the activity in front of the camera.
Something to think about.
Treefarmer

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season coming soon
Re: Spider and game camera
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 06:01:13 AM »
move because of the burn or came in because of the burn is my guess
turkey season was a bust hope deer season is better

dave 1211

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 07:51:20 AM »
Interesting pics!  I have a Ring motion detector camera over my driveway.  Every once in a while I get an alert some one is in my driveway, yet there is no one there. On the video, you most likely see a fly or bug crawling on the lens.  Can't imagine why they would br atttracted to it.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 10:57:19 AM »
it can be a bummer leaving them up for long periods w/o checking. i've had both coons and bears move them enough so i don't get pics anymore. that normally happens if i put them on a crooked tree and need to use a spacer. sometimes the spacer gets knocked out. it's all part of the game @--0--0105
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 03:58:29 PM »
It was the only thing that did not smell of smoke so he built his web there .  ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

New Page 3

Google Ad