New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Trout Season Opener  (Read 286 times)

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
Trout Season Opener
« on: April 09, 2018, 12:16:37 PM »
This morning I took the boat our of storage, hoping to get it cleaned up and ready to go for the Statewide Trout season opener on Saturday. It was 28 degrees when I left the house headed to the garage to drag out the old boat from her winter nap, got her hooked up to the truck, added a little air to one tire, tested the lights on the trailer, safety chains hooked up and ready to roll. It warmed up a bit clear up to 31  @--0--0118 pulled out got about a mile down the road and here comes the SNOW, still snowing for another couple of hours. Should change over to rain later, as the temps are to get into the 40s this afternoon. On the bright side, we are to be sunny and into the high 60s - low 70s on Saturday and Sunday. Still have a little prep work to get done before Thursday when I'm heading off to camp. I'm really looking forward to this trip, the warm up for Walleye Blast the following week.  ##$#@#$%
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Online yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
Re: Trout Season Opener
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 02:06:11 PM »
good luck. i'm a long way away from open water. the 5/5 regular opener is in trouble right now. i believe the river opens 4/28. that is really doubtful. we might hit 50's this week, but there is talk of 12" of snow later this week in WI & MN.
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 8 Point
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 07:09:20 PM »
Oh yeah Gut, that's a great feeling getting the boat out for the first time of the year.  Hope you guys warm up so you can enjoy some time wetting a line.

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 07:30:18 PM »
Good luck on your opener...it's always fun to get the season started. The fish are jumping in the boat right now here in the south. Water temperature in most lake's around me are 59 to 64 degrees.
The bass are shallow and eager to take about any bait. Caught several over 5 pounds during the last month...looking forward to getting after those Walleye!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline Gutshot

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 07:49:22 PM »
Oh yeah Gut, that's a great feeling getting the boat out for the first time of the year.  Hope you guys warm up so you can enjoy some time wetting a line.
King the weather is starting to shape up now, the snow should be out of here by tomorrow and the temps are to be up into the high 70s over the weekend. Our only big issue up here on Lake Erie is the wind, that makes the fishing pretty rough, 4-5 foot waves on a 27' boat can beat you up pretty good.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member

Offline Gutshot

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 07:54:58 PM »
Good luck on your opener...it's always fun to get the season started. The fish are jumping in the boat right now here in the south. Water temperature in most lake's around me are 59 to 64 degrees.
The bass are shallow and eager to take about any bait. Caught several over 5 pounds during the last month...looking forward to getting after those Walleye!
The lake was really good on Saturday, but it was pretty muddy for a couple miles out because of the Northeast winds and snow squals over the past week or so but we are going to have several good days coming up and a light Southwest wind that should calm things down and clear up the water. Lets get it on guys.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member

New Page 3

Google Ad