New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Never seen these before!  (Read 918 times)

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 10 Point
Re: Never seen these before!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 06:53:24 AM »
Well those who guessed hog, particularly boar hog, are correct.  There is limited information on the internet and even more limited pictures of it.  There is some discussion about it though.  Apparently hogs have scent glands around their tusks and this is a form of scent marking an area.  I previously lived 1.5 hours north of here and never saw this on that farm or adjoining farms (I called a few friends when I saw these markings and they have never seen this activity either).  When I moved to South Carolina this behavior didn't exist either.  Once again I called a friend of mine in SC and he confirmed he has never seen this either.  So it appears this is a local/regional activity or I have some extremely aggressive hogs on this property.  As MIB suggested, I will be putting out a few cameras soon in hopes of catching it on film!

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 10:21:48 AM »
it sounds like time to start shooting hogs ()*$%RT ()*$%RT
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 02:08:14 PM »
If thats the case I highly suggest not wearing real tree camo pants!!!  @--0--0121

Offline Two Tales

• 7 Point
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 02:21:25 AM »
looks like woodchuck or porcupine...

TT @--0--0107
USN Ret.
LM DAV
LM NRA
Chief Istructor CE/FS
ADC BSA
Fox Patrol, Tr 1 Gilwell, NE-142
from the ragged rim on the edge of reality.....

Offline Two Tales

• 7 Point
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 11:35:20 AM »
check this out

TT @--0--0107
USN Ret.
LM DAV
LM NRA
Chief Istructor CE/FS
ADC BSA
Fox Patrol, Tr 1 Gilwell, NE-142
from the ragged rim on the edge of reality.....

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2018, 06:08:32 AM »
I've seen it before... down on one of our old places in south Bama. One single pine tree was rubbed on and cut like that forever. If it wasn't for the wollers and where the hogs rubbed the tree, I guess scratching, I wouldn't have known what it was.
I know this, KB, you every buy ground around me, I'm running. Everywhere you go you find hogs!!! And everyone on here knows how I feel about them.
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

New Page 3

Google Ad