New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Gobble Gobble  (Read 738 times)

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
Gobble Gobble
« on: April 02, 2018, 12:46:37 PM »
I went to my turkey hunting spot on Sat morning. At 6:20am them boys started hammering!!!!!! ;D ;D I heard 8 different gobblers on the bottom of the farm and 4 on the top half. They gobbled until 7:20am when I left. Come on Apr 18th. No come on Apr 14-15 youth weekend maybe my son and daughter can introduce a couple to some 20ga #6 Longbeards!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Re: Gobble Gobble
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 01:19:10 PM »
Hearing those toms gobbling will definitely get you fired up. My farmer buddy from church told me he has been seen toms around the area I normally hunt on.  That's encouraging, but my season doesn't start until April 23.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 01:32:21 PM »
we have to wait till may 1 good luck
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 10 Point
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 02:11:33 PM »
April 6th here (Friday).  Hearing those gobble sure is one way to get you pumped up!

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 02:21:35 PM »
Been watching them at the cousin's place the last couple of weeks , sure loos like it should be a good year if it wil stop snowing around here , yes more snow coming tonight .  >:( ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Online yari

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 04:17:03 PM »
it started snowing here at noon today. 6-8" coming. i sure am glad my turkey season is this week. the high for the week is only 35 degrees. we definitely need warmer weather
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MKMGOBL

• Spike
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 09:11:06 PM »
I love hearing the first gobble when I get to camp. I got a text from my buddy in WV of several strutters on piece we hunt. I can't wait for April 21st

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 07:14:52 PM »
Just got home from my local NWTF Chapter meeting.    I'm getting excited about the hunt but not looking forward to the oncoming winter weather we are supposed to get.   Enough is enough already!!!!

I saw a few turkeys out and about at the local nature preserve on the way to the meeting.  Cant hunt there but it still gets me going just seeing some.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 06:05:02 PM »
Had this in my back yard on the 3rd.
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Online yari

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 06:46:57 PM »
great pics. the toms would have snow past there belly here. the snow needs to disappear. my season starts 4/18. we have no 40's in the forecast until next wednesday. i'm not optimistic   
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 06:04:19 AM »
Bluetoe, What day you need me there?  @--0--0105 Sounds like you shouldn't have any trouble this year killing a couple!
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 11:53:05 AM »
Bluetoe, What day you need me there?  @--0--0105 Sounds like you shouldn't have any trouble this year killing a couple!
Season starts Apr 18 for the adults and Apr 14-15 for the youths. So come on anytime after I whack one cause you are a turkey killer Hoss I can't keep up!!!  --099-780 --099-780 --099-780 I should have a good shot IF the knucklehead that lives on the farm don't go running his UTV around everyday. He done that 2 yrs ago and the turkeys shut up and started roosting on the  the neighboring property we had to hunt the edge and call them over. We have had some windy cold weather so only heard 3 a couple of days ago but I think they are still around. We saw 8 jakes during the Jan deer season so hopefully they are still close. Good luck filling some more tags!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 07:21:11 PM »
Bluetoe, I haven't been out listening just yet, it's been cold and some snow and rain again this week. I'm going to try and get out mid week and see if anything is out there. It just doesn't seem like spring gobbler season yet with the weather like this. Long range forecast looks like the tide might be finally turning but slowly.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 09:10:26 AM »
Bluetoe, I haven't been out listening just yet, it's been cold and some snow and rain again this week. I'm going to try and get out mid week and see if anything is out there. It just doesn't seem like spring gobbler season yet with the weather like this. Long range forecast looks like the tide might be finally turning but slowly.
Mid week willbe your best bet Bear it is suppose to be 80 here Fri and Sat so maybe you'll get some 60's  ;D and they should be hammering. Taking my daughter on Sat and Sun for youth day hope they are blowing the doors off teh place. Good luck
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

New Page 3

Google Ad