New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: 22-250 AI  (Read 968 times)

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
Re: 22-250 AI
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2019, 11:09:25 AM »
    So far this is working out better then I thought it would. The scope is a Burris MTAC 4.5-14 30mm tube with 50mm objective. When I ordered it the info said the crosshairs were spaced for "flat shooting cartridges". regular price was over $500 but I bought it for $198 and $15 shipping so I thought I would try it. In the paperwork that came with the scope it says the crosshairs are spaced for a 22-250 and a 55 gr bullet at 3650 fps.        The scope is clear and seems well built but the "clicks" when adjusting the scope are not as positive as I am used to. As long as it moves as it is supposed to it will be fine.     The rifle is great I really like it. The stock fits me great and has an aluminum bedding block but the barrel channel can be pushed around enough to make contact with the barrel. I may open up the front couple inches just to get a little more space in the barrel channel. The Hart barrel cleans up real nice. The after market clip system works great and is going to be easy to get the rifle loaded in a hurry. The Remington 700 action is nice and smooth thanks to the gunsmith. He did a great job tuning it. I think of a Rem 700 action like the chev 350 engine. There were millions of them made and aftermarket parts are cheap and abundant.     I set the trigger on 2.5 lbs when I got the rifle. After about 50 rounds fired and another 50 dry firings the trigger had a noticeable "creep". By adjusting it down to 2 lbs the creep disappeared.  If it happens again I will install an aftermarket trigger.       Its been fun playing with it.    Thanks for the interest. 

Offline gobihawk

• Nov/11 Prize Winner
  • 8 Point
  • Knowledge is the key to success
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2019, 04:45:36 PM »
I installed  a timney in my Rem 700. Awesome trigger.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member
Green Bay Packers Owner & Season Ticket Holder

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2019, 05:11:18 PM »
GOBI   I like the timney triggers also but have never replaced a trigger. Is it just 2 pins to be removed and the old trigger comes out.

Offline gobihawk

• Nov/11 Prize Winner
  • 8 Point
  • Knowledge is the key to success
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 05:07:32 PM »
It's been a little while. Sounds right.  The one pin was a little tricky getting started. Good instructions were included with trigger.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member
Green Bay Packers Owner & Season Ticket Holder

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2019, 08:21:31 PM »
    Well using the 2nd crosshair it was like 13 inches low at 700 yards. the 3rd 4th and 5th crosshairs were very low too so next time I shoot I will try the crosshairs in 50 yards increments. Even though I was hitting low, I did shoot "2 shot" groups out to 1100 yards.  Some groups were pretty impressive but some weren't. After 900 yards the groups really opened up and my final group at 1100 yards was 2 bullets 32 inches apart.    not good but hopefully I can do better.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2019, 11:15:49 AM »
at least you got out before the deep freeze. i heard -15 to -20 this weekend up there
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad