New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: CZ Hammer Classic  (Read 1258 times)

Offline MKMGOBL

• Spike
Re: CZ Hammer Classic
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2018, 09:08:10 PM »
 ;D

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2018, 07:17:45 PM »
Thats a beauty.

For some reason I've been feeling the SxS bug lately and was perusing several at the LGS  last week.

I have an older 'The Fulton' 16G that was actually my grandmothers.  Been wanting find one that has choke tubes that I can tap for tubes.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline MKMGOBL

• Spike
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 09:34:09 PM »
I got my hands her today at the shop and I liked it a lot! I'm talking about my CZ. However I was busy running background checks, taking out and adding to the gun book that I ran out of time to do my own paperwork. The wood is nice but I thought for what it cost, it would be a touch prettier. It does have a nice chocolate run in the grain that I think the Howard Feed-N-Wax should make pop.

I already called my gunsmith and will taking it to him to for a trigger job and maybe lengthen the forcing cone on it. I'd like to ask him about on the fore-end piece. It seems to have a wiggle to it. It's nothing big to others but with my OCD, it's a huge. I was wondering if bedding is an option for it. I'm sure I could cheese it with mole skin but I'd rather do it right if it's ok to do that. Has anyone ever heard of bedding the fore-end pieces on a side by side? 

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 09:07:33 PM »
You may be able to depending on the shape of the lug that locks the forend in place (assuming you have to unlatch & remove the forend to separate the barrels from the receiver.)  That would help take the play out of it, just need to be sure you do it in such a way that the forend is still removable.  Just guessing, but I wouldn't think you'd want to bed the barrel surfaces into the forend.  Can you tell if the slop is due to the latch & lug interface or if it's back where the forend meets up with the pivot joint?
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline MKMGOBL

• Spike
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 10:15:47 PM »
I'll have to look into that. Heading out Sunday to see what she does on paper with just the full choke before spending $$ on a extra full turkey choke.

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2018, 06:03:24 AM »
This is probably one of the prettier boomsticks I've seen. Best of luck to you this spring and don't you dare drop it or let a twig touch it!!!
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline MKMGOBL

• Spike
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2018, 08:44:45 PM »
Thank you....2 Carlson XR turkey chokes on the way.

New Page 3

Google Ad