New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Sad news today  (Read 458 times)

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
Sad news today
« on: March 20, 2018, 11:31:30 AM »
We had a school shooting today in St Mary's county- Great Mills High school- 3 students injured 1 young lady is in cridicail condition at Washington Shock Trama in Washington DC. One young man is in stable condition and one young man, the shooter, is dead. The school resource officer stopped it before it could be worse. Right after the Fla shooting 2 boys were over heard talking on the bus going to Great Mills about how they would have done it. They were turned in and their fathers had to pay huge fines for not having their weapons secure with gun locks at their home but there was no creditable threat in that case. details about today are still coming out I'll keep you updated. My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
Re: Sad news today
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 11:57:20 AM »
Sad to hear. Prayers to the families.

NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 12:39:38 PM »
It could have been much worse, thank God it wasn't.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 03:16:53 PM »
Sad news , looks like to many copycats .  ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline yari

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 07:06:08 PM »
that's too bad. i hate to hear it. it really needs to stop

hudson had 2 boys on the bus talking about the same thing. they were questioned and found just to be very dumb
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 07:25:09 PM »
Yeah BT, I had just read that article before logging in here tonight.  The officer did a fantastic job based on the account I read, and most likely saved quite a bit more bloodshed.  Wish the officers in Florida had the courage to engage like that.  Regardless, still sickening to see so many people obsessed with killing innocent kids, it's just really messed up.  I don't expect a few new gun laws to change it.  Prayers on the way for all of the kids & parents out there, no one should have to worry about that stuff when they send their kids out the door every morning, but these days there is lots of anxiety nationwide.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 08:28:03 AM »
 They said the girl was his x girlfriend and that the 14 yo was either a bystander or the new boyfriend. So stupid to shoot someone over that- I feel the shooter got what he deserved but it sadens me to think his family lost him over something that later in life would have been a blip in time or a heartache. Sad
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 06:48:01 PM »
Silly for sure to go to that extreme.  I think to some extent as time marches on and everyone on average has fewer "real" problems to contend with, some of these trivial things all of the sudden seem like the world's biggest problem and drives an extreme over-reaction.  Or maybe I'm just turning into my parents or grandparents and thinking we had a tougher life back then - can't tell.  But either way, I agree with BT that this is a sad outcome for a relatively minor bump in a kid's growing up.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 08:28:01 AM »
Sad indeed. He is gone, along with the innocent bystander and now the girl is on life support and may be taken off. Three young lives with tremendous potential and possibilities ahead. For what? Being mad over a girl? It's heartbreaking for all of us, but I cannot imagine how the parents and families must feel. As a parent, I can't imagine the anguish and pain they must be experiencing. Please keep them in your prayers.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 06:58:14 AM »
Just saw on the news where they took the young girl off life support and she passed away...so sad....heard he brought his farther's Glock's to school....so sad to hear that two young people are now gone...it can happen anywhere these days....and I mean anywhere....we had a young male who drove his buddy around and the driver get shot to death right in front of our subdivision entrance but two drug dealers who were not from this area...but the drive who unknowingly was driving around a buddy from the high school who had a drug deal gone bad. Since then the shooter and the buddy have been arrested and charged...

So sad....to hear all these young people cut down before enjoying life.....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad