New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Gun Debate  (Read 811 times)

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • taken around time HG and I were married
Re: Gun Debate
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 09:59:27 AM »
What does it says about owning and/or using a firearm? 
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Offline treefarmer

• 7 Point
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 01:22:09 PM »
I can't find squat concerning gun ownership in the state of Florida. @--0--0117  The Game Commission rule book says a child under 16 does not need a hunting license, it does not address the firearm.  As a Florida resident for the last 70+ years, I've never given any thought as to legal age to own only knowing you had to be 16 to hunt without adult supervision.  Where and when I grew up almost every boy, 10 or 12 years old, had a .22 or a single barrel shot gun.  The gun trading went from there and we all had obtained deer rifles by the time we were in high school. 
Zos41, I would like to know how the law differentiates between owning and using a firearm.  At 16 I can hunt by myself, I must buy a hunting license at age 16 but I have to wait till I'm 21 to buy a firearm, something just doesn't add up.
Wonder how long before the NRA's challenge to that part of Florida's new law will take to go before a judge?
Treefarmer

Offline KINGOWISH

• Invite Only
  • 7 Point
  • Deer Hunter---Landowner-BEAR CREEK Hunting Lodge
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 11:46:42 AM »
One word sez it all. Brilliant ! If NY only had a Senator like him instead of Schumer and Gillibrand .
QDMA,NRA,SCOPE ,MEMBER.Retired in March of 2014 after 30 yrs in Law Enf.

New Page 3

Google Ad