New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Gun Debate  (Read 704 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Gun Debate
« on: March 07, 2018, 06:47:47 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OeJ-8v472A&app=desktop

This is a very good video, before you tube takes it down, on our Second Amendment...it is worth watching. Get yourself a fresh cup of coffee and sit back, turn the volume up....it is worth the watch and listen.....

This guy points out many things that hit the nail on the head!!!
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline treefarmer

• 7 Point
Re: Gun Debate
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 07:28:48 AM »
Outstanding presentation!  I listened to a speech by Florida Senator Bill Nelson yesterday and his appeal was just plain sick!  He has left his roots, his kin folks are ashamed of his most liberal stand, he never hit the issue correctly as this young man did.  Nelson gave us his reasoning why we have no need to hunt with an assault rifle, nothing about the Constitution and the precious 2nd amendment.
Bo, Thanks for alerting me to that fresh breath of air!
Treefarmer

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 07:53:45 AM »
Tree - You know, I will and have missed Jason Chaffetz, Trey Gowdy, Darrell Issa when they leave Congress......but will glad to see Jeff Flake and little Bob Coker go!! The three amigos have always been right on the money and make good common sense when it came to all this crap that is going on in DC......Jim Jordan will be the only one left that has any sense at all.....and we need to Speaker Ryan to step up the plate and protect our Second Amendment rights.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 08:46:46 AM »
Another way to "disable" an AR15 is to remove the BCG (Bolt Carrier Group) or BCA (Bolt Carrier Assembly)....you can easily remove this one piece from your AR and lock it up after tagging it (just in case you have more than one AR in the house)....When I was married to my first wife who had two boys, I would lock up all the pistols and took the bolts out and label them and locked them up to and then ran a coated bicycle chain through the trigger housing and locked and finally put a lock on the closet in which I kept the firearms at with a double cylinder lock...the boys often would ask why I use so many locks....I said I want to keep the firearms safe.....I had the key to the lock box where all the keys were for the closet door and other firearm related locks where kept at.....never told anyone buy kep the lock box in my truck behind the front seat.....

But today it is real easy to remove the BCG and put keep it stored in a proper place....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 09:37:39 AM »
Great  speech he made so very good points and pointed out the false statements made by the Democrats at every level of government.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 11:38:41 AM »
One of the best speeches I've heard.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 06:49:57 PM »
Nailed it - very impressive, thanks for sharing that link!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 06:35:06 AM »
Guys - What impressed me the most that he did not use a teleprompter or a written speech....yes it sure seems like the democ-rats fringes (on the West and East coast and in DC are trying to tell us what we need to know and do....yea right...

You tube has plenty of these type of speeches...watch them before they take them down....

You guys remember Columbine when the Dad of two of the victims who tragically died that day...found his speech on You Tube and here it is.....notice how the Congress men and women react to it......   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7hICkhQB6g
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline treefarmer

• 7 Point
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 08:34:27 AM »
Brother, you've hit the nail on the head again!  Thanks for bringing it to our eyes and ears! True words about Columbine and very applicable to the same mess in Parkland today.
Treefarmer

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 12:18:14 PM »
Tree - I have said this before, when a drunk driver kills someone, they always blamed the driver, right...they don't go after the car manufacturer or the lobby for the cars or the Alcohol manufacturer or the bar or bartender....nope they go after the driver.....so why doesn't the media or lawmakers go after these folks? The same premise could be said about the NRA. Why do they always point to the gun. Its the gun's fault, yea that bad mean looking weapon and besides every media type person knows that AR stands for Assault Rifle....LOL. ##$%#117,    --099-780  ....it stands for Armalite Rifle which first made the M16 for the Army. Of course they are not interested in the truth because it does not push their agenda...

Did you hear yesterday 3-7-2018 where the Governor of Connecticut called the NRA a terrorist organization.....when will these liberals wake up? it is going to be an interesting mid-term election!
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 07:22:33 PM »
I can only hope that the libs get spanked as bad in the mid-terms as they did in Nov '16.  Heard the other day that the primaries in Texas showed a fantastic turnout by the Republicans despite the media claiming in advance that the Dems were gaining momentum.  I'm not opposed to someone just for being a Democrat, but if they're on this far left liberal snowflake goofiness then I'm sorry they gotta go away.
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 07:30:19 AM »
Madgomer - Growing up in Atlanta, I always thought the Delta, Coke and CNN was the pride of all the residents of Atlanta...wow such great companies. BUT NOT ANY MORE!!

Sold all of my Delta Stock off last week when Delta went against the NRA, sold my Coke Stock off long ago because of their very liberals policies and CNN is the laughing stock of the media!! I remember when Ted Turner started CNN and he said in a CNN Interview that he spent more about a million a day getting CNN run and running. We always turned to CNN when so big news would break!! What has happen to all these one-time great companies. I suspect that our Government got somehow involved and ruined these companies, just like they do every company or program their so called "help" with. From then on it is a disaster in the making.....

And now they want to get their hands on our Second Amendment Rights! You saw what the Clinton and Obama's did to the gun industry! They both were great salesmen for the industry! Everyone now owns one or two AR15 or your neighbor does for sure....

Never trust any politician or the media again....They will stand and tell you what is wrong with Washington and what they do if elected and then once theyr are there they become a puppet for their party's whip/Leader...it does not matter if they are Republican or democrat...they all play the game the same way....

According to the Demo-Rats and the media, the dems will sweep the mid-terms....what a joke...Prez Trump had it right all along, we needed a business man in the White House not another career politician....Prez Trump has been right on a lot of things and does not pander to either the far left, the left, or even the far right....just plain common sense is what he is all about....

And what about the Clinton's, Bill was impeached as Prez and Hilary, his so call wife, is running from the law, trying to deflect the truth about her so called campaign. Both Hilary and Bill, even Chelsea should be locked up for every and every and rot in jail solidity confinement if you ask me....but this is just my Opinion

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:36:02 AM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 07:37:37 AM »
I'm good with that Bo - despite all of the media's hatred towards our current prez, I do think a very large number of Americans appreciate that he's trying to lead in the right direction and doesn't really give a rat's behind about either party's far left/far right zealots.  I can't say I agree 100% with everything he's done but his batting average is way way way better than that clown who was in the White House before him.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:39:49 AM by Madgomer »
and enjoy it!

Offline treefarmer

• 7 Point
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 10:50:18 PM »
Well, our illustrious Florida governor caved in by signing a bill that contained a requirement of being 21 years old to buy a rifle.  Don't agree with this in the least and the NRA has already began it's challenge on this portion of the bill.  If this stands, then we should raise the voting age to 21, the drivers license to age 21, also include an age requirement to serve in the military beginning at age 21 and I suppose any LEOs should be 21 before they can be trusted with a firearm. 
There are some portions of the bill that are good but this part stinks!
I went to Parris Island 54 years ago and was trusted with an M14 when I was 17 years old, Mother and Dad had to sign for me when I was a senior in high school in order for me to join the Corps, times have changed.
Gov. Scott is serving his last term as governor because of term limits and he is said to be considering a run against the ultra liberal Senator Bill Nelson.  Scott would certainly get my vote over Nelson but he will also get some well deserved criticism for setting age requirements on owning a rifle and including a 3 day waiting period on all firearms.  There has been a 3 day waiting period to purchase a handgun unless the buyer was a concealed carry licensee.
Just blowin' off a little steam and hopin' some one cares. :o
Treefarmer

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 07:58:46 AM »
Well, our illustrious Florida governor caved in by signing a bill that contained a requirement of being 21 years old to buy a rifle.  Don't agree with this in the least and the NRA has already began it's challenge on this portion of the bill.  If this stands, then we should raise the voting age to 21, the drivers license to age 21, also include an age requirement to serve in the military beginning at age 21 and I suppose any LEOs should be 21 before they can be trusted with a firearm. 
There are some portions of the bill that are good but this part stinks!
I went to Parris Island 54 years ago and was trusted with an M14 when I was 17 years old, Mother and Dad had to sign for me when I was a senior in high school in order for me to join the Corps, times have changed.
Gov. Scott is serving his last term as governor because of term limits and he is said to be considering a run against the ultra liberal Senator Bill Nelson.  Scott would certainly get my vote over Nelson but he will also get some well deserved criticism for setting age requirements on owning a rifle and including a 3 day waiting period on all firearms.  There has been a 3 day waiting period to purchase a handgun unless the buyer was a concealed carry licensee.
Just blowin' off a little steam and hopin' some one cares. :o
Treefarmer
Does the bill state that those under 21 cannot OWN a gun, OR does it state that they just cannot BUY a gun? I owned a car before I was 16 and had a drivers licenses. I just didn't drive it on the street. That being said, the new hunting age in Florida now becomes 21? No need for youth hunting and shooting sports permitted? I'm so confused???  @--0--0117
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

New Page 3

Google Ad