New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Magazine Kick Lately  (Read 397 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Magazine Kick Lately
« on: March 07, 2018, 02:04:03 AM »
Lately have been on a magazine kick, in other words I have been buying a lot of magazines for everything I own....

It seems to have started a few years ago when I got in several soft tactical pistol cases from Midway. These soft pistol cases are a great deal at $20 each, but when they go on sale for $10 each it hard to turn them down, but most of the time, they are under $20 bucks.....but anyway have been getting these in and have been ordering magazines to help fill the soft cases up....I think the smaller M&P Shields that I got with the last year started me thinking this way....and the SCCY has it's extra magazines as well......

It started out with the Kel-Tec PMR-30 a few years back. Each magazines holds 30 round each, so I got an extra magazines (like 6 of them). The 22 WMR pistol came with two 30 round magazines so had to get an extra 6 for a total of 8 magazines to fill up all the slots in the pistol case....this is a great bag that will hold the Pistol, extra magazines, and ammo without being too heavy.....

Too bad Midway is phasing these, well made, range bags out. Of course they have a similar case for double the price....wonder if profit is driving this bag out....will try and get a couple of more of these cases before the do away with them....

But just last week got in 4 extra magazine for the P89 Ruger that is a DAO (Double Action Operation) and it came with two magazines and the soft carrying case hold 5 extra magazines....but interesting that you could get 10, 15 or 17 rounds magazines, maybe it is the state you live in that limits your capacity....I got the 15 rounders.....

Just yesterday put a back order in for a couple of Beretta Tomcat 32 Auto Magazines...the off brand case holds only 5 magazines. Also need to get a few extra magazines for my Ruger 22/45 Gov Model. By far this is the most accurate 22 LR pistol that I own, but this is the older model and is a pain to take down and clean. All pistols have their own personalities, most of you guys reading this already know that....LOL.....

Have several other pistols that I need to get out and look at to make sure I have soft carrying cases for them as well......"There Is Always Something"......LOL......

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 02:22:21 AM by BoBallistic »
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
Re: Magazine Kick Lately
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 08:29:54 AM »
Just got through ordering me a couple of S&W small range bags from Amazon. These are similar to the ones that Midway is phasing out.....they should arrive in about a week and will let you guys know how I like it....it was a shade under $24 each.....and yes it was free shipping but had to pay the 9.25& Sales tax on it....shucks darn.....

https://www.amazon.com/Smith-Wesson-Handgun-Shooting-Transport/dp/B01BDW1VAQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1520432782&sr=8-5&keywords=smith+and+wesson+range+bag
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 07:01:35 PM »
Nature hates a vacuum Bo - you got mag slots on those bags you gotta fill 'em up!!    --099-780

I'm in the process of rigging up an old hard sided Samsonite briefcase to carry a couple of pistols plus some mags, ammo boxes, etc.   Have a bunch of good foam that I've scrounged from various TV, computer, and appliance packages over the years.  Will try to set up the cutouts for the pistols so I can mix & match what I choose to carry in it - thinking just two pistols at a time plus mags & a couple of 50-round ammo boxes.  Was hoping to be able to break down one of my AR's & fit it in there but not enough room for the upper with a 16" barrel unfortunately.

Have been thinking about grabbing a couple more mags for my KP89 also - with the loonies in IL trying to ban anything over 10 rounds again, I better not wait.  I only have the two original factory 15 rounders.  Didn't know they made a 17 for it.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 06:52:43 AM »
Mad - IF you get your extra KP89 mags be sure to keep the receipt with the date on it. You know how the loonies up there will try and get you for some reason. Remember on a witch hunt, they always find a witch! Don't be that witch....

With the ammo in the Range Bag, I take a sharpie and date the box of ammo. Found another pistol and will wait and see if these small S&W range bags will work out before buying another bag or two....

A AR Break down into a few pieces would work fine, maybe you might have to get a 12 or 14" barrel for your AR to get it in the suit case.....for those just in case events!!
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 06:55:24 AM »
My wife, bless her heart, studies me like a hawk!! We were eating out the other day and I told her that I was on buying extra magazines for my range bags. She laughed and said I am OCD when it comes to my hunting and shooting magazines. She wants me to be tested for ADD and ADHD....I didn't say anything, but did think about what she said. Humm, I thought and maybe she is right about a few things.....so this past week got in my latest box in with a bunch of extra magazines in it...Just because I own 20 - 308's, does that make me OCD.....Daaa....yea....

I guess it my range bags has a slot, then I fill it with a magazine....I don't see any problem in that reasoning? or putting anything that is associated with that pistol, like a holster, speed loader and ammo. Also, I put 4 - 25 round boxes in each bag. Love these small range bags....

But any good hunter/shooter, like Madgomer, will be thinking all the time and if there is any extra space in a Samsonite briefcase, (I must check out mine, since I have retired, probably could turned it into some kind of range bag) you are going to put something inside it just in case briefcase....LOL...good idea Mad.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad