New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Shoot Point Blank Store  (Read 360 times)

Online BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Shoot Point Blank Store
« on: February 28, 2018, 07:46:28 AM »
After lunch yesterday, stopped by the subject store. It was my first time in since they open a few months ago....the store is clean bright, has a gun range....but they were strictly a MSRP store....every handgun and rifle were MSRP....no discounts!! They did have plenty of ammo on hand, the shelves were stocked with ammo. But again it was purely a MSRP store.....

When I walked in the store, there was an area 10 ft x 20 ft that would have been prefect for a Turkey Hunting display....since Turkey season in GA and Here in TN is about a month away this would have been a perfect place for a display. They did not have the first shotgun in the store except for a few self defense shotguns. Did not see any camo shotguns in the store at all, no big turkey ammo as well, none, nada.....

They do have tons of handguns and rifles that you can rent to shoot to see if you like them or not....has a small range, optics department is strictly for their rifles more red dots than any other types of scope they have!

I don't see the store lasting, they were very few customers in the building and it was noon time, the store ought to be crowded with lunch time shoppers, but sadly is wasn't....That could mean that they are smart folks out there, and they know their prices. What I see and how the store can draw customers...they could follow the TV shows, what I mean by that, is that the more African Safari shows are on in the month of Jan and Feb than any time of the year. Why you may ask, it is because it gets folks time to think about a Safari and then line up and get things going for their own Safari, you go to Africa starting around late May or June. That is they way my Safaris worked out.....and now with Turkey season less than a month away, how come there is not displays set up for the up and coming Turkey season....not sure what SPB manger was or is thinking.....

Gander Mtn shut down after filing for bankruptcy and Camping World bought the physical building that they were in and some other company bought their inventory and they had fewer customers in the store before announcing their bankruptcy, then folks started flocking to them looking for bargain prices...so that it the same way SPB stores are headed, not sure, but just by the looks of it they certainly need to change if they want their numbers to rise......

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
Re: Shoot Point Blank Store
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 07:13:43 PM »
MSRP pricing will hurt any outdoor industry business. That was a big part of the failure for Gander Mountain, from their outdoor gear, guns and apparel. Again I believe it goes to the outdoor industry looking for the rich and famous.  @--0--0117
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 07:25:55 PM »
Yeah, a place like that operating at the high end of the price range can make some bucks off the uninformed, those who are jumping in with more money than sense and more motivated by the latest trendy thing. However, over time those customers either lose interest in the topic or get smart enough to shop elsewhere, very few become long term loyal customers and the store fades away.    Just like all of the people who were sucking up all of the "bargains" while Gander was shutting down last year - those markdowns barely got the products to a reasonable point, certainly no bargains.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Online BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 07:30:57 AM »
Yes, I agree with your comments....the store could do a lot more than it does...it just seemed to be "cold" to the average hunter.....

I am sure that this is just another cookie cutter store and probably all of the look a like on the inside.....just another chain store.....

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad