New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: This is Me!!  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Re: This is Me!!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 06:52:20 PM »
Agree with Metalman - - at a bare minimum anyone who serves in the military to protect all of the freedoms our lib friends take for granted should get a waiver on the age 21 limitation, that's only right (so yeah, the libs won't support it).  The libs want to lower the voting age to 16 - the reason is simply because they think they can shame those kids into voting for them on the emotional peer pressure they love so much to apply.  Much more important to them to collect votes rather than lead this country in a meaningful way.  And Dicks will be off my shopping list as well (have one about 5 miles away), honestly don't go in there much because their gun & accessory selection is pretty skinny to begin with, at least at our store.  Have bought some kayak stuff there but that's about it.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 08:20:26 AM »
Metalman - I agree if the kids join the military and after the get out in two or four years, and can show/prove where they have had firearms training then they could legally buy an AR15 style rifle....I have heard all discussion from each side on this discussion.....and have to agree with the 21 age for AR15 style rifles but not bolt action, I was 16 or 17 when I bought my first Mauser for $35 from Candler Army-Navy Store on Candle Road in Decatur, GA (still have it today) and then several years later purchased a 303 British from my cousin, no not Split Toe, but from my other cousin, Steve. Think I nailed a couple of deer with them over the course of 4 years, then at the ago of 20 or 21 purchased a Model 70A 270Win.

But back then we were more aware of what we had, it was for hunting only. Now the question is what about buying a used one from a older brother or cousin?? Like I did way back when....how do we keep these AR style rifles out of their hands?? I also not against a waiting period of 3 days in buying any firearm...heck when I buy one off of Gunbroker it takes a week for it to get here...so it should not be in any hurry to get it.....but how does that play into the hands of the weekend gun shows?? they make their money on the spot with background checks?

These questions (and I am sure I have not thought of all of them) and many more have to be address buy our elected officials. But you got to hand it to Dick's and Walmart, they are not waiting on our elected officials to act, they did it themselves...good for them...at least they are going to try..... 
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 08:37:17 AM »
The age restriction they are pushing, and stores like WalMart jumped the gun on this issue to require 21.

I saw a post that all these mass shooters except the CT school guy (age 20) were well over 21

So, excatly how is restricting gun and ammo sales to over 21 going to “help”?

Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline Madgomer

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 05:55:20 PM »
Flint - you're trying to apply logical thinking to an illogical, emotional situation.  The people pushing this stuff (never let a good crisis go to waste, right?) are purely trying to score "hey look what I did" points with their supporters while also attempting to beat their opposition into submission.  Seems to be just one more opportunity for the libs to yell outlandish claims of how evil the guns are, and the NRA, and anyone who opposes them. 

Will it make a bit of difference to the next sick individual who wants to make a name for himself by harming a bunch of innocent people?  No way 
Will it make a bit of difference in the vast majority of the ~10-12,000 firearm homicides each year in the US?  No way
Will they ever change their tune to focus on personal accountability for the criminals and other societal issues that create these creeps?  No way

The people who want to blame the guns are also the people who are against prosecuting criminals, advocating for legalization of mind altering drugs, against capital punishment, and for protecting the rights to abort innocent lives at the rate of roughly a million each year.  If you can find a shred of logical thinking in any of that you're a genius in my book.

Dang - this turned into a depressing little rant on my part - my apologies to all of you guys and gals, but by now you probably figured out how I feel.
and enjoy it!

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2018, 11:01:08 PM »
Flint - you're trying to apply logical thinking to an illogical, emotional situation.  The people pushing this stuff (never let a good crisis go to waste, right?) are purely trying to score "hey look what I did" points with their supporters while also attempting to beat their opposition into submission.  Seems to be just one more opportunity for the libs to yell outlandish claims of how evil the guns are, and the NRA, and anyone who opposes them. 

Will it make a bit of difference to the next sick individual who wants to make a name for himself by harming a bunch of innocent people?  No way 
Will it make a bit of difference in the vast majority of the ~10-12,000 firearm homicides each year in the US?  No way
Will they ever change their tune to focus on personal accountability for the criminals and other societal issues that create these creeps?  No way

The people who want to blame the guns are also the people who are against prosecuting criminals, advocating for legalization of mind altering drugs, against capital punishment, and for protecting the rights to abort innocent lives at the rate of roughly a million each year.  If you can find a shred of logical thinking in any of that you're a genius in my book.

Dang - this turned into a depressing little rant on my part - my apologies to all of you guys and gals, but by now you probably figured out how I feel.
  So true so true .  ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 07:31:27 AM »
Kroger selling guns?? You hear that a lot on the media, I heard it on F&F the other morning and said that must be a mistake but Kroger owns Fred Myers Sporting Goods stores and that who Kroger owns. Never knew that, all the stores must be located out West? Down here in the South, we just say Kroger. Wonder if Kroger will sell it Fred Myers stores just to become PC ??

Would like to hear from anybody who has been in a Fred Myers Sporting Good Stores......
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2018, 08:05:05 AM »
Saw a comment the other day too about Kroger selling guns, that made me scratch my head, the only Kroger I'm aware of is the grocery chain.  Obviously I gotta do more grocery shopping!
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad