New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: This is Me!!  (Read 998 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
This is Me!!
« on: February 27, 2018, 06:53:52 AM »
Monday after Delta Airlines came out against the NRA, I had a choice to make. Do I stand with the NRA or do I stand for making money........I chose the NRA. So yesterday afternoon, I sold all my Delta Stock and bought more Duke Energy (Common Stock). I also notice where FedEx is standing by the NRA....I had a chance back to by them back when I worked at GA Power in 1971...for $2 a share, blew that one! But they are standing by the NRA...Why not do both, support the NRA and support your portfolio at the same time. 

Do we blame the car and the alcohol when a drunk driver kills an innocent person of family? The answer is NO...so why blame the NRA? or even guns. I have watch the media debate this subject and have seen firearms dragged through the mud and all of us gun owners are evil, deplorablies are we!!

We the people, at least this person will put my money where my mouth is! Have generated a list of companies that are cutting ties and boycotting the NRA. I will boycott these companies at all cost....

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 10 Point
Re: This is Me!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 07:45:51 AM »
I agree Bo, never understood why the NRA is to blame for all of the shootings that occur.  ##$%#1119

Offline Snortweeze

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 08:10:46 AM »
I agree
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline treefarmer

• 7 Point
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 08:36:38 AM »
Bo, I've a question for you.  My wife and I are both Life members of the NRA and some years back we chose to operate with an NRA Visa card as it supposedly gave a percentage back to the NRA.  Now that the Omaha Bank has done what they did, where would you suggest we go for the convenience of a credit card?  I felt I should wait and see if another bank might be patriotic enough to take up the fight.
Treefarmer 

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 02:54:45 PM »
Bass Pro / Cabelas card might be an option
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 03:40:53 PM »
Tree - I would agree with Hunt Master....depending on where you live, I would recommend either a Bass Pro or Cablea's CC...both are backed by local and national banks....or if you would like to keep it local and use your points, find a local bank to do your business...I am sure you guys (both you and your wife) could find a local vendor for specialty items.

I was a life member way back in July 27, 1983 and have not looked back! Love their American Hunter Magazine....Made installment payments of $50 per month until I got it paid in full, which was $300 back then....

Have lunch today with old friends from work and was listening to CNN at the restaurant where we were eating at and they had said that Delta had caved to the NRA?? Is that true? Was it Georgia's Lt Governor who caused the cave in?? But still just the thought of Delta discontinuing a discount program to anybody for political views is worthy my selling off my stock. Like so many others here, we are not the so silent majority and I am sure DAL saw a bit hit in their stock because they were down more than a dollar today on their stock price!!! I sold mine yesterday midday and made about $45+ a share profit...not bad for that profit margin in 6 years....Thanks to Split Toe and other old timers from the Delta in the good years, they told me not to buy when Leo Mullens (a Democrat from Chicago) was the CEO, all Mullens did was to run the company into the ground with his cronies with financial degrees and master degrees.  So, I sold all of my DAL way back then and bought it again with Delta and Northwest airlines merge and Northwest took over the management of Delta operations (coming our of a bankruptcy)..the stock was a a dismal $4.25 per share, then when Northwest took over the stock slowly began to rise so I began to buy DAL once again....

If you guys remember a few years ago when Obama was in office, BOA (Yes Bank of America) was contacting companies that were in the business of making components and telling them the did not want their business....Warne (scope bases and rings) and McMillan (Stocks) were the two businesses that come to mind.....BOA contacted Warne and called them in to discuss their business, when Warne arrive and BOA told them they will be no longer doing their banking business, Warne as flustered and surprised but BOA move......A few months later McMillan was told the same thing, this time McMillan told BOA to shove it where the Sun never shines!! Ever since have been a big fan of both

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 05:47:12 PM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 08:05:40 PM »
Hysteria and misinformation - they're absolutely the only tools in the libs toolbox.  I cannot believe that the high paid executives at those companies are so stupid and shortsighted to fall for the crap being pushed by the left, exploiting tragedy to push their silly (and potentially harmful) agendas.  Fortunately the boycotts I heard a couple of days ago are not likely to have much impact on the NRA - Ideally the common sense people in this country can get unified and make those decisions by those executives turn out to be very bad in the long run for their companies - - can we keep a thread pinned on the home page that lists those companies?

I gotta say I'm very impressed with how our current Pres is responding - yeah I know he's making the hardliners on the NRA nervous on things like age limits & waiting periods, as they really don't want to give an inch (or allow the proverbial camel to get his nose under the tent), but as a leader he's out there trying to work all the avenues that can make a difference, as opposed to just driving things for the sake of showing "action" and pandering to the emotional fanatics.  Now the libs are claiming that his "arm the teachers" effort is absolute stupidity because everyone knows you can't use a pistol to thwart a rifle attack - Huh????  I just can't believe how dumb the sheep are who buy into this crap.  Libs just continue to paint the NRA as demons, because the media tells them so.  They will never begin to admit what the NRA does in terms of advocating safety, responsible gun ownership, sensible legislation, and most of all protection of our constitutional freedoms.  Try to find an opportunity to educate one of the sheep this week, maybe at some point we can get back to having conversations with each other?  CNN & others like them are driving just the opposite behavior, basically trying to incite riots within America - do you suppose they're just Russian puppets too? 
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 08:07:51 PM »
We need the complete list of companies to avoid since they backed away from support of the NRA

I am waiting for VISA to tell me about my NRA credit card.

If I can switch to a VISA bank supporting the NRA I hope I can flip my account to them without affecting my credit score or credit limit 
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 08:13:00 PM »
How many of these CEOís and senior management employ security guards that carry guns?

Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline treefarmer

• 7 Point
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 10:54:02 PM »
Thank y'all for the thoughts. 
All this political correctness is beyond me. @--0--0117
Our home is not close enough to a Bass Pro or Cabella's to make it worth  gift cards as rewards.  What we've been doing is just saving the points and converting them into part of a monthly payoff when there is enough to make a noticeable dent in the bill. 
The fact that a small percentage of my monthly bill went to the NRA was the only reason we switched to this Visa card offered by the bank in Omaha.  I will be sure to remind them why I'm closing my account. >:( 
A credit card is just a convenient way to do business and fairly safe, in my opinion.  All our gas, groceries, phone, internet, TV, insurance, power, garbage, the list goes on..was paid by the card.  We are fortunate to be able to pay the balance each month so I don't really know if the bank of Omaha will miss us or not.
If another bank will step up and support the NRA, I will do business with them, but in the mean time we'll go with another Visa backed by a bank that hasn't alienated us yet.
I've been a Life member since 1971 and have been able to upgrade my membership several times and finally got my wife a Life membership several years back, that way we get both the American Rifleman and the American Hunter. :)  We also support the ILA several times a year, it's a fight worth fighting!
Treefarmer

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 06:32:04 AM »
Tree - Thank You, Thank You and Thank the wife as well...Great Post and well said my friend!!!

If I may suggest that you get a Bass Pro/Cabela's card and put everything on the card, gas, groceries, shopping, etc...I think Cabela's has a black card for those types people. One guy get enough points every year to buy a new rifle for hunting season...or a scope or something like that....

Yes I agree, if a bank or any company supports the NRA they will have my business as well.....

I could not afford a membership into the NRA until the early 80's, did not know anything about them back in 71...Wow...how old are you??

Just heard that Dick's Sporting Goods will not sale "Assualt" type weapons in their stores anymore....good, I don't go there anyway....it has been many years since I stepped into a Dicks store and their Rifle/Hunting section was a very small part of the store....

Watching Fox and Friends this morning - They had the Lt Gov of Ga on and apparently Delta will not change it position on the NRA!! To bad, will fly American from now on.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 06:35:13 AM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • trukey season next
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 09:44:31 AM »
that is sad about the dick's stores not selling those guns I work for one
turkey season near you sooning come on may 1

dave 1211

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 02:41:04 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2018/02/28/dicks-sporting-goods-bans-gun-sales-thoughts-prayers-not-enough/

Sorry to hear that Dave.....here is the link to the article from Breitbart News Website.....

I am just shaking my head. Other countries are laughing at us now and have been for years and years. The Europeans are calling us barbarians, but we can whip anybody who messes with us thanks to those barbaric weapons!!! 
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline metalman

• 8 Point
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 03:46:10 PM »
I agree Bo I wonít be flying Delta or United any longer. One Delta is to expensive from my experience. I liked United but will look elsewhere for tickets unless absolute emergency since my son nlaw is in the military and may have to fly to help my daughter and grand baby. I havenít shopped at Dicks since they pulled orders and would not fill existing orders for black rifles after sandy hook. Iíll go along with the 21 to buy a gun as long as they raise the age of voting and serving in the military to 21 as well. Immature to use a or purchase a gun shouldnít be voting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Metalman
Hit it while it is hot
NWTF Memeber
Butts County Sportsman Club Memeber
27 years hunting

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • one cold day
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 03:58:04 PM »