New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Range Time - Almost Here  (Read 445 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Range Time - Almost Here
« on: February 15, 2018, 06:18:49 PM »
Wow with the temperature reaching 70 here today (and the wind was gusting to over 20 mph) it is almost range time folks!!! Have the truck loaded up with all the equipment and targets and the famous BoSledge. Ready to head to the range....was out in the back of the truck today going through all my gear to make sure that I had enough Targets, Staples, Sand Bags and a regular Front and Rear Rest (for the Mags rifles), Ball Point pens and Sharpie's ready.....Generally I will be out there this month sometimes at least once maybe more....Last year I was useless while other Hunt Club Members built my new roof over the old camper. This year I feel a lot stronger and fell like helping Deerhead with his new roof...

What I try to do is to take the rifles I use last year to the range first to see whether I would have hit the deer where I wanted to. After this year on Nov 4th, had my chance, will take that rifle to the range to verify that I was indeed on or matter of fact -Off!!! I try to do this every year. Then after I shoot them I will take them home and do my annual cleaning on those 3 to 4 rifles I used during the rifle season.....

But the Weather is nice enough to head out there soon, very soon......
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Range Time - Almost Here
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 07:10:09 PM »
can't wait to get a report from the 11/4 gun

i located a range w/ 500 yards and one at 600 yards this week. they are 1 and 2 hours away, but i hope to get time to visit at least one. once i get my new scope i want to verify the turrets. i can't wait, but it will be 0 degrees again tonight
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 06:26:51 AM »
Yari - Good deal....glad you found them but first verify your turrets at 200 then work your way out to the magically 600 yards...fortunately the range where I shoot at has all the ranges out to 1000 yards...and it is only 30 minutes away from my home...just sent them a re-newel check in the mail this week.....

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 09:33:53 AM »
Yari - Good deal....glad you found them but first verify your turrets at 200 then work your way out to the magically 600 yards...fortunately the range where I shoot at has all the ranges out to 1000 yards...and it is only 30 minutes away from my home...just sent them a re-newel check in the mail this week.....

i figured, just to make things interesting i would start at 600 yards ()*$%RT ()*$%RT --099-780
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 10:30:19 AM »
Somebody better get Yari a big sheet of paper, he's gonna need it.
 @--0--0105
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 11:02:21 AM »
You are right Bo 70 yesterday 60 today snow tomorrow for us LOL!!!! it may be the end of March for me. yari that's a good find on the 600 yd range. I think if can hit at 600 you'll be good. Hope you get out there to test your equipment and skills- you know we will need a report please.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 06:00:57 PM »
Might be nice enough this weekend to do a little shooting here at home, can go out to 200.  Will have to see if the wind will behave though.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad