New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: LEUPOLD ROCKS  (Read 755 times)

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
LEUPOLD ROCKS
« on: February 05, 2018, 07:39:39 PM »
    A few weeks ago my hunting friend brought me his Leupold binos and asked me if I thought Leupold would fix them. The binos had been used and abused. The eyecups were completely missing. They had been dropped and had 3 flat spots on the tubes and they were impossible to see through using both tubes at the same time.   I sent them to Leupold with a letter stating that they had been on many hunts and had been dropped and would like a estimate to get them fixed. Today a brand new pair of Leupold binos showed up and no charge. They replaced them with a different model of similar value.  No questions asked. I think that is awesome.

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: LEUPOLD ROCKS
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 08:56:52 PM »
That's really great customer service .  @--0--0123 ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 09:23:11 PM »
i heard of someone dropping theirs off a cliff and they shattered. they picked up the pieces and sent them in. a brand new pair of binos came in the mail. that's above and beyond if you ask me. leo's are great
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 07:35:56 AM »
Back in 1972 bought my first rifle scope was a Leupold (did not know how to pronounce the name properly and still don't), something called a VX2 in a 2-7X x 33mm, it went on my very first real deer rifle, a Winchester 70A in 270 WIN ), for a $124.95 (still have the receipt)...mountrf it, hunted with it for a few years, later noticed a crack lens in one of the pieces of glass that when I put the scope or 2X you could see it...a few more years went buy, got a few more rifles and a few more Leupold, remember back then you had only Leupold and Redfield to choose from and some foreign company called Zeiss, who are they?, never heard of them!! So after the season had ended, sent to scope back to Leupold and put a letter in box explaining what had happen...within a few weeks got a phone call and a the box came a few weeks later with a repaired Leupold scope (looked new to me) and a nice letter telling me the torque values that they were suppose to be tighten too!!! Had to go out and buy a Crasftsman mini torque wrench for the job (still have it today). Talk about impress, that was over 45 years ago!!

In the late 70's Leupold came out with their very on binoculars...man they were clear, had to get them. At the time had only Jason Binoculars, they were big and bulky and bought them at K-mart,(bought my first Tasco Spotting scope from the same store back in 1972, gave it away to another hunting buddy). I worked security at a Buckarama in Atlanta on year for David's Gun Room in Norcross, GA. They would always give me a good deal on rifles, but not scopes..LOL...that is where he made his money at....but they offered me a brand new that year Nikon Scope 3-9X x 40mm gloss finish, and the price was $300 and the Leupold Binoculars were the same price, so I took the binoculars instead...they agreed to the deal. Well about 10 years dropped these binos out of the stand about 25 ft up and broke them!! OMG...did not have a back up pair (like I do today...LOL). Sent them back to Leupold and they came back a couple of weeks later like brand new!!! These guys were amazing....Oh yea, did not know until 95 that the Leupold Binoculars were made by Lieca!!! Use these binoculars for 20 years!!

Over the years, have sent about 5 or 6 scopes back to them to repair or modifications....each time I got a call from a Service Technician and talked with what I wanted to do with the scope. If you older guys remember that Leupold had a 2 MOA variable adjustments on all their scopes...had 5 VX2 that I wanted changed out to 1/8" target knobs adjustment. After talking to Leupold they could not change out the variable adjustments. They had to send me new scopes...so I switched out 5 3-9X x 40mm with the 2 moa variable adjustments for 5 brand new 4-12X x 40mm with AO and 1/8" target adjustments knobs..for $77 each and that included shipping back to my house in Georgia. Great deal!!

So, today I own 37 Leupold Scopes, all mounted (4 VX6's), 4 pairs of Leupold Binoculars, 2 Leupold Spotting scopes.....I agree with everyone here, they have great Customer Service...I now know who Zeiss and Swarovski and Lecia, are...LOL, along with a bunch of other optic companies....but when it is time to upgrade of buy another scope, Leupold is the first company I look at these days.....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 03:10:05 PM »
Bo, me thinks ys shoulda bought Leopold stock, too!
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 05:47:12 PM »
They are awesome at Leupold!! i have dealt with them only twice and both times I was very satisfied and felt so good about how I was treated I secretly wanted something to break so I could call them!!!! --099-780 --099-780 --099-780 Naw not really but they are excellent at making people happy.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 06:11:28 PM »
You can never go wrong buying any Leupold product....
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 08:52:53 PM »
That's great CS!!
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline treefarmer

• 7 Point
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 11:05:30 PM »
Since the discussion is about Leupold, I have a question: Does Leupold now manufacture Redfield scopes?
Treefarmer

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 12:56:11 AM »
Tree - Redfield use to be a quality scope back in the 70's but they fell on hard financial times and closed it doors in the late 90's. The company was sold to several other companies, including Bushnell and when that deal fell through, Leupold bought the company in 2008......glad to see them survive....I think and this is just my opinion, is that Leupold after buying Redfield, Leupold had to figure out what they had left of a once good company...so I think they are using Redfield as a inexpensive line, and introducing many different products and reticules in the attempt to slowly get back on its feet...so far so good....I like what I see from them, but you can thank Leupold management for that strategy......

I remember back in the very early 70's that they were only two scope Leupold and Redfield....Redfield had its 30-30 reticule in TV or Wide-field...it was like looking at a TV screen when you looked through them...does anybody still have one of these??

Here are two link to their history.....

https://www.redfield.com/redfield-story/

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/historical-review-redfield-scopes/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 01:00:41 AM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 10:03:51 AM »
Hey Bo I think i got  a wide view Redfield  somewhere in a box I'll have to look for it. You are right it's just like looking at a TV.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 06:28:35 PM »
Blue - That is great, how bout taking a photo if you can find it and post it here.....I sort of wish they would re-introduce that Wide Field again.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 07:40:52 PM »
Blue - That is great, how bout taking a photo if you can find it and post it here.....I sort of wish they would re-introduce that Wide Field again.....
Sure thing Bo I'll look this weekend- I think I know right where it is but you know how that goes LOL!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 11:00:40 AM »
I lost the caps in my Leupold scope. Asked them how much to get new caps, they arrived in the mail no charge!

I sent my Swarvoski bino back for service. Except for the high cost of mailing them insured, Swarvoski did not charge me
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital