New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: High Point TS 995 9mm Carbine  (Read 991 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: High Point TS 995 9mm Carbine
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 07:40:34 AM »
Went ahead and order 4 Pro-Mag 15 round magazine for the Hi-Point yesterday and 1 -32 round S&W magazine for the old Marlin Camp 9. Also order from Hi-Point 2 extra magazine holder that attached to the stock of the rifle. I plan on attaching one to each side of the butt stock frame. They are for the 10 round standard magazine. In the purchased the original owner sent me three 10 shot and one 20 shot magazine. All of the "stuff" should be here next week.....

I got the 4 Pro-Mag off of Gunbroker and the guy called me and it was funny to hear him rummage through all his boxes in the back of his store while he was on his cell phone to me....he told me that had about 20 of the Pro-Mag for the Hi-Point but once he put them on Gunbroker he sold out fast and I got the last 4 of them. Also while we were on the phone wanted to get a couple more of the extended magazines for the old Marlin Camp 9 and you could he him tearing through boxes trying to find them...I wanted two but he only had one left. He explain to me that he had all these boxes and boxes of magazines that he had order years ago and now it is time to sell them.....we had a great conversation and the magazines should be in by next Tuesday.....
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 07:56:49 AM by BoBallistic »
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2018, 05:45:31 AM »
Got the 4 -15 round magazines in the other day and then I was browsing Hi Point Website for Dutch's 40 caliber model number when I ran across a extra magazine holder that fit right on the stock. So I ordered two of them, one for each side. Apparently, a lot of Hi-Point Owners order these little plastic parts and when I got them in this past Wednesday, they both were held by a screw and a nut (I needed that Cheesy Cheap Tool Set that I mention...LOL...). I first thought it was just to hold them together, but it did not take to figure out that I will need this little tiny screw and nut....Once you removed the stock screw using a Allen Wrench, you need three hands to get the darn thing started but once you do, it easy to tighten up....

I think it is complete....cannot think of anything else I can add to it...will post a picture later today showing what I'm talking about....

As promised, here is a picture of the magazine holder that fits onto the buttstock of the rifle........
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:47:27 PM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 06:08:41 AM »
Was at my local Rural King (R&K Guns) Store and naturally wandered over to the gun shop portion of the big store....there was in front of me was my Hi Point Carbine in 40mm and 45 ACP...Wow for $319...I thought that was a good price and I asked him if he had the Hi-Point C9 Pistol there in 9mm for $149.95, but they only had the 40 S&W. I was going to pick up the C9 simple becuase the 10 shot magazine fits in both the carbine and pistol!

But was watching Hitchcock45 on the YouTube Channel last night for both the 9mm Carbine and C9 pistol. He seemed to really like the Carbine but no so much for the pistol. The guy behind the counter said he owns a Hi-Point Pistol in 45 ACP and just loves it...he said that it is heavy, bulky, trigger is terrible, has a spot of rust on it and keeps it n his truck, but it works, every time. That is what Hitchcock45 says about it as well....it just a pistol, heavy bulky, trigger is bad, etc.....but for $150 how can you go wrong...having both use the same magazines....

If any body own one of these Hi-Point C9 pistols, please leave your comments below...would like to hear both sides of the coin....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 08:00:48 PM »
Those mag holders on your carbine look pretty good Bo - don't forget to fill 'em up!   Have never fired a High Point - hear lots of people trash talking, but honestly sounds more like the snobs who just don't like the image thing of being around a cheap gun, will also be interested to hear what honest owners have to say about them.  Plenty of pistols on the market that fit the heavy/bulky/rotten trigger description.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2018, 09:43:44 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt4Le2SR0dQ

Interesting Video.......from you tube....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2018, 11:01:03 PM »
Great video , sure shows what that gun will do .  ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2018, 07:02:14 AM »
Was watching You Tube Videos on the Hi Point 9mm Carbine last night and most of the people like it but other did not....I was watching for the accessories that people were buying for them and their was one video shows paper work that came with his new 9mm carbine, showing if you use the Pro-Mag 15 shot that you void the lifetime warranty! I just got 4 of them in....I think they want you to buy their factory magazine and not ProMag magazines...I have installed the magazines into my Hi-Point and all of the fit up and snap into place.....so not sure that that is all about except merchandising.....

You can go onto the Hi-Point Website and you can buy the Red Ball 20 round magazine for the Carbine (weird looking design), but it works according to all the videos....I like the straight line look of the magazine Pro-Mag...but not the "bent" look of the Red Ball design...guess the Red Ball design will grow on you.....

So now the big question is do I get a C9 9mm Hi-Point Pistol that nobody seems to like....humm....I won't be shooting it 500 times maybe a 100 or so it might be worth it....

Mad - Yes I do have a lot of firearms, but only a few placed in strategic locations are loaded, rest of them are not loaded....you have to be able to grab them within 3 to 5 seconds after a home invasion. Hopefully I will not have that event in my lifetime, but if I do, I will be ready! 

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 06:37:03 AM »
On March 22, Walked into my favorite Rural King store and they had a Hi-Point C9 in their display case so I promptly bought it after 4 to 6 weeks of stopping in, calling and supposedly having them order me one...yea right. Finally got it home and started breaking it down and looking at this new 9mm carefully. First of all it does not come with any extra magazines, just one, it is the 8 shot version. Then I got my Carbine out and try to exchange magazines to see if the guy made a correct statement of not about the magazines being interchangeable. Let me explain

He was half right but mostly wrong...After laying them and pulling the magazine out and laying them next to one another the C9 Pistol comes standard with a 8 shot magazine that fits flush at the bottom of the hand grip. Took the Magazine out of the 9mm Carbine and tried to fit the pistol magazine into the Carbine.....nope will not make it, it is too short by a couple of rounds less than an inch but still will snap into place....but it you go the other way, what I mean is that you can put the Carbine, 10 shot, magazine in the C9 and it sticks out the bottom of the pistol by about an inch....

This is what I have done, I have ordered 10 round magazines 6 of them to use in either the C9 Pistol or the Carbine so it will be totally interchangeable.....will use the 8 round pistol in the pistol, assuming it will the first one that I have to empty, God forbid that I have to do that, but just in case, once the 8 round magazine is empty will ejected first and it will hit the ground and will use the 10 round magazine in either one after that.....

This is a plain Jane pistol, just a semi auto pistol, it is striker fired and it is top heavy the grip is about 90% the size of a standard 9mm grip which I like, you can wrap your hands around it and hold onto it....we will see if I like it or not, on thing for sure is that I will have enough magazine for the Carbine and Pistol to use if I need too......

Here are a couple of pictures of it......Your comments and thoughts welcome....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2018, 06:59:14 AM »
Bo, I think you mentioned before that you have a Ruger P89 as  well, is the hipoint grip significantly smaller than that one?  I have pretty big hands, my P89 or a standard 1911 fit me well for a home defense tool that I don't have to conceal under my clothes, I'd prefer to stay with something of that scale.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2018, 08:41:48 AM »
bo- you have a new addiction with the magazines.  @--0--0105 why would you need 6 of them? that's 60 rounds

i know. it's like the pot calling the kettle black. i have a ton of excess hunting and insane amount of fishing gear ##$%#15 ##$%#13
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2018, 01:45:51 PM »
Mad - Bought the Ruger P89 many years ago. My first 9 was a Browning Hi Power in the Stainless Version. It is one beautiful Pistol and accurate. So when it came time to buy another 9mm the Ruger was the next and most cost value for the money. I went with Ruger because I own a Very old version of their Single Six, a Stainless Blackhawk at that time. I think the next Browning I bought way back when was a BDA 380 and I own two of those. No, I don't have extra magazines for it, just a total of three mags. I was use to the 9mm grip size as well. I shoot the Browning and Ruger using double hand grip like I do with the Canik as well. The Firearms Industry had not began heading toward smaller concealable pistols like today. As you know the Ruger P89 is a double stack magazine and the extra magazines that I purchased for holds 15 rounds, could have purchased 17 round magazine....But most of the smaller pistols I have bought in the last 5 or so years have been single stack and their grips are smaller....

Yari - The only reason why I am buying the extra magazines is because the range bag has 6 pockets on the side and have to put something in them....LOL....

Wow, just think if I was a fisherman as well...OMG...going to need a bigger house!!!  LOL
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad