New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Zombie Deer  (Read 1323 times)

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
Re: Zombie Deer
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2018, 12:20:42 PM »
If you only knew how much paper work is done on whitetail deer from the day they are born. Not likely they would turn them lose and risk losing their license. It could be easily detected if it was the farms deer because they would have some form of identification on the deer. Either a tag or an implant. Inspections happen each year by Conservation officer and then a Federal Vet Inspection.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Zombie Deer
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 03:44:10 PM »
I suspect when those farms have bucks that aren't living up to their expectations they turn them loose rather than paying for food & vet expenses and risking having one of them breed a doe or injure a "prettier" buck in the pen.  And yeah, in that area those cast-offs probably trump most of the natural herd but certainly raise a potential for risk of CWD transmission.

i think there are enough 'additives' to insure they are massive. i know this to be true in a lot of farms raising deer for antler profit. it's just not natural for a 2 year old deer to reach +200"
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad