New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Coyote Hunt Tonight  (Read 782 times)

Offline MKMGOBL

• Spike
Coyote Hunt Tonight
« on: January 21, 2018, 06:51:21 PM »
I did a little snowshoe distress calling from my deer stand and brought in a lone coyote early this evening around 3pm. I thought I was going to get a shot but it must have got wind of something (me) and turned back the way it came in. I got on it but the shot was not good for the 223. I almost sent it but I was hoping it was gonna try to circle me to my left. It didn't :2)

I did get a pack going with a coyote locator call a little while later but they were pretty far away from me on the property. I recorded them and after I turned off my caller, all "censored Word" broke loose about 150 yds in front of me with the pack I thought was aways from me. Turns out there's two packs!! You can hear my coyote locator call but when the one close to me started up, I switch to coyote pup distress. It's hard to tell with all the calling and howling going on but I assure you, I was running just the pup distress which you can hear after they were all done.

Also, at the end of the daylight clip at 5:21 mark, there's a silver birch and pine tree right in front of me in the middle of the screen. The shot I had on the coyote I called in was right between them in that little snow filled clearing. If he was standing, I would have sent it all day long but he was walking away from me. I thought he might circle around to the left and come back into that open area. As I already said, he didn't. Oh well that's hunting. Turned out to be a fun and wild hunt without ever pulling the trigger ;D

Forgive me for my heavy breathing in the after dark clip. It was a tough walk out for a fat man in some patches of deep snow at the top of the hill carrying TMS (To Much S#!%) --099-780 Enjoy the screaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sngEsuyPbUI

TalkHunting Community

Coyote Hunt Tonight
« on: January 21, 2018, 06:51:21 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Coyote Hunt Tonight
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 07:13:27 PM »
better luck next time. i had one sit me straight up in bed last night. it happens every couple months and scares the crap out of me
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 08:52:06 PM »
We hear them like that from time to time here as well - always wished I could see how many dogs there actually are making that racket - sounds like a dozen of them but I assume it's probably only 3-4. 

How far did you have your FoxPro from the tree stand?
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 09:13:16 PM »
Sounds like you have two separate family groups in your area , yotes don't have packs like wolfs it's just single family groups only or their areas would have to be much larger areas to live in like wolfs . their groups are mom ,dad and last years pups .
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline MKMGOBL

• Spike
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 09:59:15 PM »
It was about 30 yds below the hill and stand facing towards them.

Sounds like you have two separate family groups in your area , yotes don't have packs like wolfs

I never knew that. Cool to learn something new ;) I wonder if you can help out on this one. I've heard this group on and off over the years. Some years I hear them every other time in the stand and in other years I don't hear them at all. When I do hear them, it's right at dark and it starts off pretty much the same way every time. Over the years I bet I've got 5 or 6 recording of them.

I was told they are teaching their pups with a kill they got. The question I had for the person telling this is, I hear them in the same spot each year. Do they teach pups over a kill in the same spot year after year right at dark? I never heard back from them on my question @--0--0117 What is this? A gathering call before heading out for the night?

Here they are October 14th 2013 on my way out of the woods https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCIJGWt7X9g&t=46s

I had to load this one from this years and it's wild. They are almost 4 years to the day apart! I was packing my gear up after a bow hunt on October the 13th 2017 when they started  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE5mmOzFVic

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 12:49:08 PM »
It was about 30 yds below the hill and stand facing towards them.

Sounds like you have two separate family groups in your area , yotes don't have packs like wolfs

I never knew that. Cool to learn something new ;) I wonder if you can help out on this one. I've heard this group on and off over the years. Some years I hear them every other time in the stand and in other years I don't hear them at all. When I do hear them, it's right at dark and it starts off pretty much the same way every time. Over the years I bet I've got 5 or 6 recording of them.

I was told they are teaching their pups with a kill they got. The question I had for the person telling this is, I hear them in the same spot each year. Do they teach pups over a kill in the same spot year after year right at dark? I never heard back from them on my question @--0--0117 What is this? A gathering call before heading out for the night?

Here they are October 14th 2013 on my way out of the woods https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCIJGWt7X9g&t=46s

I had to load this one from this years and it's wild. They are almost 4 years to the day apart! I was packing my gear up after a bow hunt on October the 13th 2017 when they started  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE5mmOzFVic

What they are doing is what they call a gathering call , they are getting everyone together for their night hunt , you should have that call on your fox-pro , you may get them to come and check it out . 
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad