New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: i'm done  (Read 705 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
i'm done
« on: January 20, 2018, 02:25:51 PM »
i went to my folks and pulled my cams. no day activity except for a possum. figure that out. @--0--0117 also no sign of the 10pt for 2 weeks.

i 'winterized' my stands and removed the safety straps and bow hangers to. it's upper 30's today so it was plenty nice

as i was putting the final touches on the season, i was thinking about all the deer i saw in SD and even up at the cabin this year. i had a blast even though i didn't pull the trigger on the bow or gun. it would have been nice to put one on the wall, but hunting for me is more than that these days. it's funny how that happens. time to plan for next year -0078 
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: i'm done
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 02:29:01 PM »
Getting time in the great outdoors is all a person really needs. Getting a deer is icing on the cake. @--0--0118
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 04:25:41 PM »
Sounds like you had a good time in the outdoors so it's time to start planing for this fall .  ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 06:36:50 PM »
If our only measure of success was how much we filled the freezer, hunting would be more frustration than enjoyment - at that point it just becomes work.  I've had a couple of decent years in a row here, but had a pretty long dry spell before that (in terms of using my tags), and wouldn't trade any of it for my best days in the office.  You're due for a big one soon Yari, it all averages out over time.  Keep getting out there and having fun with it.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 06:56:49 PM »
know how you feel had a year like that hunted more during gun then I have in years
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 07:45:59 PM »
You sure have the right attitude and it's refreshing to see that. Your turn will be coming! My wife will often ask me why do I keep going out sometimes when I don't see anything. Because next time will be different. Maybe it is and maybe not but the hope and anticipation never leaves me.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline tikkaman

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Hunt in Iron Range MN & Dunn County WI
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 08:11:58 PM »
Another year in the books, I ate a couple of tag sandwiches again this year also.  Got to take my oldest daughter out for the first time this year, couldn’t be more happier. 
Hunt with your kids not for your kids
Mathews switchback
Tikka T3 lite S/S  30-06

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 09:31:23 PM »
thx all. i passed up more 2-3 year old bucks this year than i ever have. most of them were in SD, but i passed 3 in WI to. next year they will be a year older and hopefully several inches bigger

skol vikings
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 07:02:33 AM »
Bearclaw, I once went 13 yrs in a row without getting a deer.  I don't know how or what made me stick to it.  Of course, working full time, only saturdays were available.  Got so if I saw a deer, I considered it a succesful season.  Now that I hunt my own property, and being retired, I try to make up by hunting every day, 'cept Sundays.  I also hunt afternoons, which was something I didn't do before.  During the last 18 yrs out of 20 yrs, I have been able fill at least 1 tag, sometimes 2, and twice filled 3 tags.  I have been greatly blessed, and I'm very thankful for that.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline gander

• 8 Point
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 07:25:33 AM »
great attitude yari...maturity as a hunter is a progression for most of us....I am the same in that I enjoy it all from the planting plots to seeing the young family members excitement after shooting one...By waiting for older deer these days I have watched and enjoyed more than ever the great outdoors
  you will have a big one step out when you least expect it...until then just enjoy mother nature and life in general....good luck next season

New Page 3

Google Ad