New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Going Under The Blade  (Read 903 times)

Offline MKMGOBL

• Spike
Re: Going Under The Blade
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 10:43:08 PM »
If you want to use it, you just push the button on the left side of the scope tube and the Firedot comes on. If I have the setting set in the middle, I do believe when you turn it off and on it will stay at the setting. From their website...."MST (Motion Sensor Technology) automatically deactivates illumination after 5 minutes of inactivity, yet reactivates instantly as soon as any movement is detected" That's a pretty cool ;D I have Burris FastFire III on my turkey gun and I wish it had that feature.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 08:41:09 AM »
nice feature and saves on the battery

my buddy just bought the Burris Elite for his .300. that thing has a lot of features. range finder built in is a nice feature. he paid for it though. $1200-1300 on sale. what do they say? "you can't put a price tag on good glass"
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MKMGOBL

• Spike
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 08:10:55 AM »
Natalie is home and all dressed up ;D I still need to two things done for her to be 100% complete. I need to swap the furniture when the 243 arrives and have her cerakoted. The cerakote will be next winters project.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 08:45:00 AM »
looking good. congrats

looks like you have the same problem as me. too much stuff and not enough table space @--0--0105 i keep adding shelvesbut as soon as i get 'extra space' it mysteriously fills in ??? @--0--0117

enjoy 
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2018, 09:23:58 AM »
I will be to keep her recovery posted...LOL

This one is setup mostly for mooching or tracking here in NH and VT. I'm sure she will see plenty of  southern PA and WV deer drives. I'm pretty excited about this makeover and getting her tuned in. She'll be a good backup to my current rifle which has been temporarily out of service...not due to end of season either.

My Remington 700 had her makeover last winter but had an issue with the glass on her. I just sent it back and the company emailed me I'll see a new scope in about 24 days :'( I wasn't too thrilled with the "expert" I spoke with. He told me that my Talley rings and that I had them lapped was the reason my VX-3 wasn't dialing in ##$%#1119 It's all good though. They are great scopes, great customer service and they are making it right.

I did see when using Talley rings that when the ring was positioned close to the "power adjustment ring" that if it was over tightened it would "squish" the scope tube and make the power adjustment ring hard to turn.

New Page 3

Google Ad