New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: missed  (Read 105 times)

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
missed
« on: January 07, 2018, 05:17:09 PM »
   The last 2 mornings I got up and drove around the "block" to see what I might see. Yesterday morn it was windy but I managed to see a big Timberwolf. I saw him standing along a woods line. in the binos I saw him run over even closer to the woods. I could see the snow flying up from his feet.  He then stopped and looked at me. His head looked 10 inches wide and seemed to be almost yellow in color. Then he jumped in the woods. I ranged it for future use hopefully and it was 681 yards.   This morning was really nice and I saw a Coyote sitting out in a field at 618 yards. While I was uncasing my 7mm I saw the Coyote trot out a little farther and stop. The Coyote was facing to my right and the wind was going to my left at 7 mph. I set my turret to 625 yards and put the crosshairs on its shoulder. The bullet hit about 10 inches to the left of its back foot. I blew it.  I should of ranged it again since I saw it trot out further and I should of held into the wind for the drift but I didn't.     This is only the 2nd Coyote I have seen this winter and 1st shots I took. I did get a big male Coyote in a snare last week at my hunting camp but that's it.

Offline MichiganLouie

• 14 Point Double Droptine
Re: missed
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 05:37:14 PM »
Shucks!
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 05:37:39 PM »
 ##$%#13 that's why they call it hunting .  ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 07:45:51 PM »
i missed one running at 250 yards this fall. i thought it was his last steps. i guess (*^%%( happens. better luck next time
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 08:21:28 AM »
It was his lucky day. You'll get him next time!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 12:21:56 PM »
If your gonna miss 618 yds ain't bad one to miss-- Now if you missed at say 118 yds you would feel worse-- ##$%#114 You'll get him next time for sure!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

New Page 3

Google Ad