New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Xenek Blind & Chairs  (Read 403 times)

Offline MKMGOBL

• Spike
Xenek Blind & Chairs
« on: January 05, 2018, 09:57:53 PM »
I bought one last week and it arrived yesterday. The issue I'm having right now is that Mother Nature crapped on us here in NH and I can't get out to set up. I told the wife if she comes into the living room later and can't find me, peek into the blind. I'll probably be hanging out in there dreaming of spring ;D 

I also have a few chairs for the boys and myself. For them I got the Alps OutdoorZ Rhino MC chairs and the Redneck Portable Hunting Chair coming. I'm not a huge ground blind hunter but when I'm with the kiddos, it the best route for them. Does anyone have any experience with the chairs I mentioned?

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Xenek Blind & Chairs
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 10:25:00 PM »
i've never heard of the chairs or the blind. i did buy a cabelas 360 chair this year and really like it. it's bigger, but comfortable
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 10:14:53 AM »
Please keep us inform on how you like the chair!!....yea like Yari - never heard of the blind before but have the chair...please wait till spring before you test out the chair...with your boys go ahead and set up the bling in the den...LOL...have it facing the TV...LOL...

When I left GA last Sunday (the 31st) it was 34 F outside, when I got home here in East Tennessee, it was 25 F!!! I went ahead and popped up my two blinds in the external garage and unloaded the truck, empty the cooler and the ice I dumped on the ground is still there a week later...it has not gotten above freezing since last Saturday...I cannot imagine how cold it is where you northern guys are at!!!

Good day to watch football and to clean a rifle or two or three or........

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline MKMGOBL

• Spike
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 11:23:57 AM »

Please keep us inform on how you like the chair!!....yea like Yari - never heard of the blind before but have the chair...please wait till spring before you test out the chair...with your boys go ahead and set up the bling in the den...LOL...have it facing the TV...LOL...

When I left GA last Sunday (the 31st) it was 34 F outside, when I got home here in East Tennessee, it was 25 F!!! I went ahead and popped up my two blinds in the external garage and unloaded the truck, empty the cooler and the ice I dumped on the ground is still there a week later...it has not gotten above freezing since last Saturday...I cannot imagine how cold it is where you northern guys are at!!!

Good day to watch football and to clean a rifle or two or three or........

;D

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 08:04:10 PM »
Very nice blinds...a little much for my budget... @--0--0105
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline MKMGOBL

• Spike
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 07:51:34 AM »
Very nice blinds...a little much for my budget... @--0--0105

Totally agree....but I got a pretty good deal on it. A lot less than what you see them going for. I've had issue with my one son to small to shot sitting and to tall to stand and shoot. Maybe this with help him with that and also with my other son with wanting to shoot a gobbler with his bow.

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 10:08:15 PM »
Good luck with it.

I use   Double Bull Blind and Cabelas 360 chair with armrest and  Caldwell Deadshot Field Pod.
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline MKMGOBL

• Spike
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 10:11:30 PM »
Well the Redneck chair arrived this evening. I got it set up and I must say, I'm very impressed with it.

Pros: easy to setup / well built & very solid / comfortable (here in my living room as I check it out) / seat swivels just enough if needed / good padding on seat & backrest / height of chair adjustable / big swiveling feet on bottom of chair legs so they don't sink in the ground

Cons: price / weight of chair / carrying strap

Over all I give the chair a 9 out of 10. The price I can live with. I don't mind paying more as long as I'm getting my money's worth and I feel I am with this chair. The carrying strap is also a disappointment but I can fix that easy. About the only con I can't do much with is the weight. At 16lb I can see it being a haul into some of my hunting spots here in NH/VT where I don't use my AVT. Now in WV/PA, my ATV carries everything ;D

The Alps OutdoorZ chairs also arrive the other day and they too are not a disappointment.

Pros: price / quick setup / solid (for a folding chair) / big comfortable padded seat (again, here in my living room as I checked it out) / no leg pinching / height of chair is easy for my fat butt to get up from / easy to move or switch angle for a shot / comfortable padded backrest / small enough & easy to move around / light enough for my kids to carrying in @--0--0118

Cons: it's a folding chair / carrying bag needs to be bigger / not adjustable of seat height

I would definitely recommend both of these chair to my friends --9-8-7

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 10:18:27 AM »
Great review on the chairs MKMGOBL, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. A 16# chair is quite a bit to be carrying around in the woods for sure. I would have to leave the rifle at home  --099-780
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

New Page 3

Google Ad