New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Bushnell Trophy XLT Bone Collector 10x42mm Bino  (Read 610 times)

Online BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Bushnell Trophy XLT Bone Collector 10x42mm Bino
« on: December 20, 2017, 02:22:09 PM »
Before you say here we go again, paid only $75 bucks for these binos off of Amazon....ordered them last Saturday and got them in today, was sort of expecting them by Friday or Saturday, was not browsing for binoculars but was ordering a Yankee Candle scent stuff for the misses and had a Eva Cassidy CD (here is a link off of YouTube for her
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXU219b3Zdw it is worth the look and listen, be sure to turn up the volume, at a CBS reports back in 2010)(listening to her Best CD while I write this).....but here was was in the box when I opened it up......surprisingly a very nice Binocular Harness, a soft case for the binoculars themselves, flip down end caps and the one piece eye caps, a nice hard soft case and a neck strap...not bad for $75 bucks....

Of course they are made in China (Model 234210H, Lit. #07-15), weighing 25 ounces, right eye adjustable diopter, typical pair of binoculars, dark matte green, thumb indentations on the body of the bino so you can put rest your thumbs in there as a balance point ....did a preliminary testing of long and short distance, look into the woods to see how far I can see into them.....they do gather light and they are not bad especially for $75 bucks (MSRP is $159)....the biggest surprise was the binocular harness, you know the kind you see on TV.....all in all not bad set of binoculars...will take them down with me and do a check out in the woods with me.....they are bigger and weigh more than the 10X32 I am use to using. Will take these down along with the Athlon Argos 8x42mm down to GA in a few days (after Christmas) and stay 4 or 5 days....it will be cold there about 10 degrees cooler than our hunt two weeks......

This is my second Bone Collector Product that I have purchase, the first being a Rangefinder....both products work good and were excellent values for the money and have been please with both of them, well we will see how well the Bone Collector Bushnell Binoculars hold up.....

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Bushnell Trophy XLT Bone Collector 10x42mm Bino
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 03:23:05 PM »
Congrats $75 bucks is a deal...I've got a Bushnell range finder that has served me well over the years.
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline yari

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 05:48:53 PM »
the harness is $20 by itself. good deal

just for discussion sake, what the heck are you going to do w/ all the binos? i have my leicas now and use them for hunting. the quality is too good to not use

did you see the Tract toric deal today on their newsletter? nice package under $500
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 05:56:56 AM »
Yari - Good Question, wonder that myself....LOL...just trying to find and let TH family know their are good deals out there...anything for under $200 is what I am aiming at...It Ok that this is the 8th pair of binos that I have bought this year......most are the smaller 8 or 10X by 32mm....the Trac Optics are a great value and yes saw them in an email....they are equal to the Swarovski's and a hair bit better than the Vortex Vipers....the Swarovski are 32mm where as the Track, Vortex, Athlon and the new Bushnell are al 42mm. They are heavier but you can draw the light in with the 42mm obective......

Yes the Binocular Harness is a great item to include and gave the soft bag that the binoculars came in to the misses last night...went ahead and installed the strap last night and took them out on the deck/patio right at dark and scanned the trees and woods with them to check out how much light they gathered.....of all the binoculars that I have bought this year, not a bad pair in the bunch...really...I cannot believe how good all of them are......these $75 are extremely good value.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 08:30:38 AM »
I have a 2X7 Bone Collector series scope on my smokepole, put that on a couple of years ago and really like it.  At dawn and dusk it is more than clear enough to make out targets outside of shooting hours, so spending a ton more for added light transmission isn't really giving me value to use.  I'm typically a Nikon guy these days but this one was really highly rated and then of course I got it on a great sale.  Would certainly buy another one if I had a need - love to see the prices dropping on good quality optics that satisfy the needs of the average guy.  The high end stuff will always have its place and certainly offers better performance, but that gap has closed considerably in recent years . . . plenty good to support my typical brushy short range Illinois hunting at least.

Yari, I hear the Hoarders show was going to be running a special episode on "Optics Hoarders" - can you think of anyone we might want to send them to see?
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 02:39:01 PM »
I have a 2X7 Bone Collector series scope on my smokepole, put that on a couple of years ago and really like it.  At dawn and dusk it is more than clear enough to make out targets outside of shooting hours, so spending a ton more for added light transmission isn't really giving me value to use.  I'm typically a Nikon guy these days but this one was really highly rated and then of course I got it on a great sale.  Would certainly buy another one if I had a need - love to see the prices dropping on good quality optics that satisfy the needs of the average guy.  The high end stuff will always have its place and certainly offers better performance, but that gap has closed considerably in recent years . . . plenty good to support my typical brushy short range Illinois hunting at least.

Yari, I hear the Hoarders show was going to be running a special episode on "Optics Hoarders" - can you think of anyone we might want to send them to see?

--099-780 i don't know if they will get access to bo's house for the show. rumor has it he's also hoarding lots of ammo and guns. they might have to dodge bullets to get that show ()*$%RT ()*$%RT
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 06:38:41 PM »

--099-780 i don't know if they will get access to bo's house for the show. rumor has it he's also hoarding lots of ammo and guns. they might have to dodge bullets to get that show ()*$%RT ()*$%RT
Oh my, could you imagine the outcry?  The PETA folks would think he's nothing short of satan for having all of those critters on the wall, and the whole Pelosi/Schumer/Clinton gang would think they found the armory of the Tennessee underground militia!  Of course the same would probably happen if they stopped by to visit most of the gang on TH I suppose.   @--0--0133
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 07:08:23 PM »

Oh my, could you imagine the outcry?  The PETA folks would think he's nothing short of satan for having all of those critters on the wall, and the whole Pelosi/Schumer/Clinton gang would think they found the armory of the Tennessee underground militia!  Of course the same would probably happen if they stopped by to visit most of the gang on TH I suppose.   @--0--0133

very true. peta wouldn't appreciate our taste at all
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 07:42:53 AM »
Yari - Mad - For many years would not even talk about the rifles I owned, I would tell the folks down here in the deer hunting capitol of the world, that I had a couple of military sporterized rifles and a Model 70A in 270 Win.....and then I would add, that I think it is a good deer rifle...and that is all that I say about them. Would not talk to my neighbors about firearms, just telling them that I had one of my Dad's pistols.....even up here in TN when I would go hunting with the 7 other guys in the club, would not discuss anything about deer rifles at all, just show up with a different one....

Split Toe and I hunted when we were kids and teenagers....I joined a company who office was in Atlanta, sent me to far sides America....so we lost touch over time...remember coming home in the late 70's and my Dad told me that Split Toe had one drying out....Bless his heart, he did not know what that meant, but I did! So I got on the phone with him and he told me the story about Bambi The Big (see attached picture). We lost touch again but called each other about once a year and talked about deer hunting. When Dad passed away back in 96 we made permanent contract again and have been hunting together ever since...

If it were not for Split Toe urging me to join Talk Hunting, would not have joined at all, I like my privacy....and you are right there will be a hail of gun fire if some uninvited wants to come into my house...my 911 call would be to tell them to bring body bags to the house....but I would like to say a good defense is the best offense...just stay vigilante and aware of those bad people who should not be in your area or space. One thing I encourage everyone to do is to join their HOA (if you have one) Facebook Page to keep away of what is going on around you.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 09:52:28 AM »
Amen

Heck of a buck Split!  Wouldn't even need any of Bo's dozens of binos to see that was a good one from 100 yards out.  @--0--0105
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 03:45:48 PM »
i was told by my insurance guy to make sure if you shoot that non entrance holes should be in the back during a breakin @--0--0105

nice buck split
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 08:16:03 AM »
Mad - The only difference is here down in the deep south, the woods are thick and with any good binos you can see into the woods. A 100 yards in the deep south woods it is near impossible to get a shot off....if you are in the open woods without any obstructions then 100 yards you are right you don't need any binos to determine if the deer is a shooter or not.....About 7 or 8 years ago, had this monster buck standing on this bank 300 yards away...Lord knows you didn't need to know that buck was a shooter....

We down in GA are in a dilemma we have areas where you can see 500 yards and beyond and then, I found a small patch of woods that you can see maybe 75 yards and a hole here and a hole there, you might can see 100 yards...if a buck walks into that hole you don't anytime to react buy get you rifle up and trying to find him in your scope....I use the binos for trying to find a pair of legs that I cannot see at 100 yards ....just like when I had my chance this year saw a pair of legs watching parallel to the bind and saw that he was a shooter buck and the only way I could determine that is with the Binoculars...that allow me to see into the woods......

In a few years, with them planting all the pines and with them growing, it should be interesting time down at the old club.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Online BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2018, 07:58:38 AM »
Took both the Bushnell Bone Collector and the Athlon Argos binoculars down with me this time when I went South...it normally takes me around 4.5 to 5 hours to get to the hunt club but since it was the day after Christmas and with all the extra traffic, it took me 7 hours to get down there and unload....thank goodness I got back up to Tennessee within the normal time frame....

It was cooler than it was and hunted four days, use the Athlon Argos for two days and the Bushnell Bone Collector Binoculars for two days....both sets of binoculars performed very good and both were clear as a bell....probably both made in the same China factory...LOL....both binoculars eye cups locked in place because I do wear glasses for reading, I don't need them for hunting...so the eye cups were in the out position, if I wore glasses while hunting, then I would have kept the eye cups in the down or in position. This is pretty common trait for all binoculars....the right eye diopter needed a little adjustment on the Athlon but did not need any on the Bushnell....I did side by side comparison, made any adjustments to them when I first got down to the club on Tuesday, Dec 26th before it got dark.....

Either pair would be a good deal...but for $75 bucks for the Bushnell Bone Collector, it was probably the best deal of all the binoculars that was purchased in 2017.....

Split Toe brought down his new Vortex Diamondback Binoculars, exact same pair as was donated to the B4K auction back in 2015....that were replaced in the collection in 2017 and Split Toe like them so much then and now, he went out and bought himself a pair of Vortex Diamondback Binoculars as a Christmas Present to himself....they are also very good binoculars and Split Toe got them on sale, something like $50 off MSRP....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad