New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Mr Buddy Heaters  (Read 370 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Mr Buddy Heaters
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 08:18:26 AM »
MKMGOBL - Interesting idea, using it in a ladder stand...many years ago in Georgia, used a old Coleman Catalytic Heater in a tree stand that I had. It was -8 degrees F when I went out and got it going before heading out to the stand, and glad I took it....saw 7 does that morning and when they got down wind of the heater fumes that blew and bolted....

I was planning of using the Buddy Heater in a blind if it every gets that cold down there....take a couple of bottle of propane in a back pack and see what happens...so far the weather has been warm enough just to use hand warmers......

Yesterday bought a another milk crate for another 9 - 1 lbs of propane bottles. this is the 7th milk crate that will have the 1 lbs bottles in it!!! I know I do have a problem..am I a hoarder?? Next it will be getting yet another milk crate for a 20 lb tank of propane, will make it my 6th with those....love those milk crates!!!

PS - Many years ago I purchase 2 Black Cats from Coleman. They are small enough to fit on top of the 1 lb bottles...they do not have a O2 sensor built into them like the Mr. Buddy does...I agree with Metalman, you might want to get an CO2 detector as a safety precaution....and please vent your enclosure!!! We want you back.....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
NWTF Member
SCI Member
Butts County Sportsman Asso Member
57+ Years in the woods
19 yrs of Western Elk/Muley Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 02:43:41 PM »
bo- with all the 1# tanks you go through, you should look into a 3#-5# tank. if it's just for the cabin, why not just do a 20#. it will save you some money in the long run and you don't have to mess w/ changing all the time
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 05:41:00 PM »
Yari - The reason why I standardize on the 1 lb and the 20 lb tank is not because of the propane tank/bottle size, it is those milk crates that I like to use. All of them that hold the 1 lbs bottles are stackable to the ceiling and the 20 lb tanks in the milk crates are very stable in the crates...never have to worry about them tipping over....You can even stack a crate with those 1 lb bottles under the 20 lb tank crate.....

The milk crate hold exactly 9 - 1 lb bottles and the 20 lb propane tank fits into one of those crates with a 1/16" to spare!!

When I had my new camper, I use the 30 lb propane tanks and you could run forever on those....at our hunt club in GA we have a 100 lb take we use and fill up once a year to cook with and to make coffee in the morning.....

The milk crates can be a very useful container and they can stack as well.......
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
NWTF Member
SCI Member
57+ Years in the woods

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 03:24:42 PM »
I have the same mr buddy as you. it works great. My only complaint is it can be a little unstable.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 02:33:04 PM »
Snort - Do you have the ring that goes around the 1 lb bottle ?? it use to come standard on lattern and things now you have to buy it separate....

Look at this one.....https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Burner-Bottle-Stove-200020950/dp/B00D8G47QQ/ref=sr_1_24?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1515789104&sr=1-24&keywords=1+lb+propane

It is the plastic ring that the bottle fits into...make it stable as a rock.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
NWTF Member
SCI Member
57+ Years in the woods

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2018, 05:46:06 PM »
Bo - another option is to make a little wooden base for it.  Bro in law lost or broke his plastic one, so I just made one for him in the shop, took about 15 minutes.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 08:52:54 AM »
Snort - Do you have the ring that goes around the 1 lb bottle ?? it use to come standard on lattern and things now you have to buy it separate....

Look at this one.....https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Burner-Bottle-Stove-200020950/dp/B00D8G47QQ/ref=sr_1_24?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1515789104&sr=1-24&keywords=1+lb+propane

It is the plastic ring that the bottle fits into...make it stable as a rock.....
Yes, I have that.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

New Page 3

Google Ad