New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Could Use Some Advice - Matthews Mission Eliminator Cam Replacement  (Read 157 times)

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Droptine
Just talked to my bro in law about the upcoming gun season and he asked me if I could help him set up a new (used) bow he picked up at a local pawn shop.  It's a Matthews Mission Eliminator, apparently a single cam bow.  In pretty good shape overall but not a fit at all for him from a draw length perspective.  He went into one of the local pro shops & learned that it is currently set up for a 30" draw length and he needs something in the vicinity of 27 1/2".  They gave him the new cam part number he needs, which is RHL 14006.5A - told him they could order him one for $85.

He's looking for a lower cost alternative - do any of you guys have a suggestion of a good source of parts like this which I could go to in order to get him a replacement cam?  He's not opposed to used parts or takeoffs provided they're in good shape.  Any guidance you have is appreciated.  I've never owned a Matthews bow to this point so don't have any connections.  If by any chance you have one in your stash that you'd be willing to sell - send me a PM & I'll get back to you.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Online Bearclaw

• 12 Point
Re: Could Use Some Advice - Matthews Mission Eliminator Cam Replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 07:40:47 AM »
Sorry, can't help you here. Any local bow clubs you might contact?
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")
Cumberland Bowhunters Club

Offline Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 08:21:33 AM »
Could not find a manual on this model even at Matthews Site.

Did find this in a review.  Looks like it is adjustable from 24-30 in half inch increments.

http://www.bowhuntingmag.com/gear-accessories/field_tested_bh_mission_1009/

PJ
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:25:09 AM by Puddle Jumper »
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season is coming
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 05:37:02 PM »
most of the time you do have to order replacement cams I need to get some because my bow has 28 inch draw and I need longer one the price seem about right
time to get ready for hunting season

dave 1211

Online yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 04:41:14 PM »
my daughter's mission has an adjustable draw length. is the pro shop guy very good? the main selling point for her's was it would fit her all the way to adulthood. maybe it would be good to get a second opinion
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online MI_Bowhunter

• Staff Writer
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 10:11:08 PM »
I would check ebay or the classifieds on archery specific forums. I bought a cam for a hoyt bow years ago for a similar reason, the used bow I bought was too short of a draw.   Be aware the a different cam my require different sized cables as well.

NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 01:28:34 PM »
my daughter's mission has an adjustable draw length. is the pro shop guy very good? the main selling point for her's was it would fit her all the way to adulthood. maybe it would be good to get a second opinion
Yeah, I contacted Mission myself to be sure.  We'll have to keep our eyes open for a used one on eBay or something, they had a few but naturally not the one he needs
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad