New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: talk in a week  (Read 763 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
talk in a week
« on: October 13, 2017, 10:11:25 PM »
we are heading out to the 3 day SK goose hunt tomorrow. blue bird skies are predicted, so i'm not too optimistic. my best snow goose hunts have been in nasty weather. i had a client that shot 683 2 weeks ago w/ 10 guys. i hope we can do 1/2 of that. hopefully, i'll have some good pics to share.

good luck to all
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Re: talk in a week
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 06:52:33 AM »
good luck, Yari, hope you have a great time and safe travels.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 10:04:38 AM »
Ditto to Louie's reply, anxious to hear more when you return.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 12:08:39 PM »
i'm back. my dad wanted to leave early. i just don't get him anymore. so we drove 15 hours each way and hunted 2 days. he's really lost his drive to hunt. he was having trouble hitting birds. maybe that was it?

we killed 12 canadians, 39 snows, and 52 mallards and pintail. we had one good shoot where we got 52 one morning. i haven't picked up a shotgun for at least 10 years. it came back pretty well. i did manage some doubles, but couldn't knock down that triple i wanted.

one morning we had a cow moose and 2 calves come through our set and had 2 more cows behind up. that was fun.

i really enjoy waterfowl, but this was way too short. i wish my dad had more fun. it was his idea and he really didn't have any idea what this outfitter was about. i figured he did his research. lesson learned i guess
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 02:33:52 PM »
Sounds like you had a good time. Sometimes its the quality of time rather than the amount of.time.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 04:10:13 PM »
Glad to hear you had a couple of decent days of shooting, do what you can with every day the good Lord gives you.  I would have loved to get Dad out hunting with me in his older years, but he just didn't have the itch any more.  At least I could still talk him into going fishing!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 07:46:44 PM »
thx guys. i'm really trying to walk a tight rope lately. this is probably a whole different post about parents. we butchered the birds today and he blew up when we were all joking around. i want to spend as much time as possible while he is around, but he's difficult at best.

it all goes full circle. he had to put up w/ me when i was a stupid kid. now it's my turn to deal w/ his moods. carma is ...... @--0--0105
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline metalman

• 8 Point
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 06:44:23 AM »
Yari glad you were able to spend a little quality time with your Dad, wish I could have that opportunity again. My Dad lost his drive to hunt and fish several years before he passed, I guess his I sight and the fact he couldn't take the cold anymore didn't help.
Metalman
Hit it while it is hot
NWTF Memeber
Butts County Sportsman Club Memeber
27 years hunting

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 09:10:28 AM »
Yari even though they can be frustrating this time together is important.  Glad y'all went and got into some action. 

I get frustrated at my dad too but for other reasons. Every time he says something he says it 3-4 times!  Lol. It's comical to logan and Cole but it gets on my last nerve! Lol
Me: dad did you see any deer this morning?
Dad: ya I saw a doe down by the creek.  saw a doe down by the creek.  saw a doe down by the creek. Yep, yep, yep, saw a doe down by the creek.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 09:24:55 AM »
It sounds like you were in a good spot and had really good luck for a short hunt. The important part you got to spend time with your dad.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline yari

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 05:09:10 PM »
russ- my dad has 3 pair of expensive hearing aids and doesn't where any. several times we would be talking to over hunters and he would ask or tell the same thing we had just talked about. the other guys we good about it, but they shouldn't need to re-hash everything because he doesn't where his hearing aids

thx guys. i keep trying to involve my dad, but if something doesn't go the way he wants, he pouts. i've never seen an adult act that way. once he gets his way he's all smiles again. i don't give in to my daughter, and hate encouraging his behavior. it's hard to deal with

i don't want to sound ungrateful, i'm just frustrated. driving 30 hours to hunt 14 hours isn't my idea of a good trip
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • trukey season next
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 08:17:55 PM »
he might need a checkup might have a chemical in balance just throwing ideas out there
turkey season near you sooning come on may 1

dave 1211

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 10:59:09 AM »
Sounds like you had some good shooting. Enjoy what you can with your pops frustration and all and remember you are still blessed with his company, I know it's hard and it sounds like you got a handle on the patience end, Carry on Hoss.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline gander

• 8 Point
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 05:59:20 AM »
Hey Yari...sometimes the latter years with our parents can be frustrating in this fast paced world.My father got moody as well the last few years.
 All I can say is I would like some of that moodiness again as he passed away in april and in his last couple days went from not recognizing me to talking about things from when he was a kid that I never heard before.
 It changes for all of us and we have to try and enjoy the times that are left even if they aren,t easy to put up with.
 Glad to hear you got some birds and had some fun....bring on the big bucks.

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 08:03:33 AM »
Yari while parents can be difficult as they get older be patient and enjoy your time you have left with them. As we age our bodies start to break down and the passions we once had start to fade away. My Dad passed in 2001 and I miss all the trips to the woods and lake with him, however the gift he's given me for my love of the outdoors was a blessing. Sounds like you had some fine shooting during the trip. On the bright side it's another adventure with the one that lit the fire in you for hunting and fishing...just enjoy the moment!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

New Page 3

Google Ad