New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Range Results 9-6-2017  (Read 321 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Range Results 9-6-2017
« on: September 06, 2017, 11:35:47 PM »
9-6-2017 Range Results Summary
Today was a perfect day to shoot. 10 to 15 mph winds from back to front over right shoulder, did not affect the bullet flight at all. Temp started at 77 degrees F and the Humidity was 44.12 Hg and Steady....not too big of crowd at the range. All in all, wish I could put today in my back pocket. Road to the range and back with windows down and ear plugs in....great perfect day to shoot at...I started around 4 PM and shot till about 7 PM, then my shooting buddy and I went to our favorite Mexican restaurant to chow down on a good meal....

The first rifle to shoot was the Colt-Cooper in 308 Win. Was trying a different load, a 168 Nosler Ballistic Tip using 42.75 Grains of Varget. Standard CCI-BR2 primers and Lapua Brass...good group..will stick with this for a while and maybe the Colt-Cooper is ready for the woods for 2017...

Second Rifle shot was the Remington 700 LTR in 308...it shot is usual great group under 1 inch group...This is my go to rifle in case it might be raining down in Georgia

Third shot was the 270 WSM McWhorter. This is one impressive rifle with it Nightforce SHV scope on it...nice set up...it shot OK but not great for the pedigree that is has. Krieger Barrel, Stiller Action, Jewel Trigger, HS Precision Stock....was shooting a 140 Gn Accubond...shot about an inch to the right need to make a few clicks adjustment to the left...but it could be easily my long range rifle....

Last rifle was the 6.5 Creedmoor in the Savage 10BA Stealth...last couple of weeks have used the 140 gn pills and it shoot very good both at 100 and 200 yards...so this week tried some 120 gn pills in it. The Savage told me today that is doesn't not like the 120 gn pills and prefers something heavier like the 140 gn...see the target and you will understand what I mean....

Enjoy the targets...lost my dime...LOL....
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:38:20 PM by BoBallistic »
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Range Results 9-6-2017
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 11:41:49 PM »
Other Range Pictures...enjoy....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Online yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 08:49:51 AM »
nice line up there bo. looks like you will be ready for the opener. good luck
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 10:59:21 AM »
The 308's are stellar!  Amazing groups!  Just a click for the Mac and you are there.  I see what you mean about the 120's and the Savage.  You never know until you try.
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 02:36:43 PM »
Sure loos lie your ready for this fall Bo .  ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 07:01:06 PM »
Thanks for all the comments...early next week will take probably one of the most accurate 308's that I have. It is a old Savage Model 10, 20" heavy barrel, plain straight stock, adjusted accurate trigger...shoots really, really good with the 155 gn Berger's VLD's....one of the cheapest 308, think around $300.....

We are going to have to watch which way Irma goes that will depend on when I shoot....will take the muzzle loader and the Custom Cooper 308 next week as well......
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 09:03:48 PM »
Always good to see the range reports Bo - hopefully the knee rehab is back on track after that little setback you had a few weeks ago.

I assume your notes for scope adjustment are what you're doing after you evaluate that target - if so, take a look at your note on the McWhorter target - do you really want to move that one to the right?
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad