New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: A Parker update  (Read 488 times)

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
A Parker update
« on: August 23, 2017, 08:25:56 PM »
Since we do not have a crossbow thread I thought I would just pass along some crossbow info.

I have used a Parker Buckbuster CB for some time. It was fine when I was younger but things change.

So, I bought a Parker Concorde Crossbow as it is the only CB working off a CO2 canister.

Accurate as all get out.

Interestingly I had paid $1,000 for it and a few days later i was reviewing stuff on Parkers web site and they had repriced it for $600.

I told my local pro shop where I bought the old CB. And other stuff over the years. He contacted Parker and the agreed to give me a $400 credit to the new price if I passed on the original offer at $1,000 plus $250 worth of "free accesories".

No brainer there, I took the $400 credit.

I mentioned to thr Pro Shop I was concerned that the steep price reduction meant they may be discontinuing the Concorde or something else was afoot.

He spoke to gus Parker rep and was told the price reduction was due to excess inventory as the $1,000 price was not moving inventory.

At $600 the new price is very competitive. The CB is unique in the industry. So, if you ever thought of switching from a bow to this CB, I highly recommend it.

My pro shop guy also sights in any CB he sells (Parker offers lighted and unlighted scopes with their CB).

The big point is buying from your local shop they work harder to keep your business

Heck, Cabelas has not reduced the price that I got from my Pro Shop checking online today!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:36:30 PM by Flintlock1776 »
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
Re: A Parker update
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 12:50:42 PM »
Local pro shops are always a better deal than the big box stores. In most cases the big box stores really don't care weather you come back again or not, they got your money and you ain't getting it back. Look at what happened to Gander, too high priced and no return business. When a local owned shop owner depends on you for his/her livelihood, customer service means more to them than how much they can get out of your pocket on one stop.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 01:48:41 PM »
i agree. the guys at our pro shop are pretty good. the box stores just hire whoever they can find even if they don't have any knowledge
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 04:46:20 PM »
It is kind of entertaining though to hang out at some of those box stores and listen to the BS some of their employees share with customers who don't know better.  About a year ago I was in to try finding some powder (unsuccessful) and saw a guy from work with his son talking to a guy at the gun counter.  The guy was ridiculous, just spewing opinion and not bothering to understand what the customer really needed.  I caught up to him a couple days later at work, fortunately he didn't buy anything.  He was totally frustrated with all of the different input he had gotten from the "experts" at several stores.  I got him hooked up with a couple of knowledgeable individuals, one of whom has his FFL and runs a small shop at home.  Problem solved.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 06:11:37 AM »
Great deal I love working with the old school archery shops for just this reason, they want to keep you coming back and are usually very helpfull and knowledgable.

I believe Dutch Hunter also has a Concord.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 06:44:33 AM »
My local shop is hunting/fishing.  I got a PSA Compound and a Crossbow.  They now carry Parker as PSA would not work with them like Parker will.  They still tune my bows free an only charge if a part is needed.

My wife went to them a few years back and got me a sweet light rod/reel for beam as a birthday present.  They set it up after picking it out for her. I loved it so much, she got me another one the next year from them.  When I mess one up, I fish with the other one.  Fix the line only when I mess both up while fishing.  When they are biting, no time to mess with fouled up lines!    @--0--0105

Got all my grandsons shotguns and rifles from them.  Heck when I won a Sako Rifle from NRA they did the receiving and FFL transfer FREE because it was NRA.

PJ
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 05:54:33 AM »
I agree with you guys about big box stores versus small pro shops...My Stryker came from a small local pro shops and they were great to work with. My PSE TAC15i came from another smaller pro shop in my area...anytime I have any questions, they will have the answers and the parts if needed....matter of fact my local AR shop and gunsmith are located within 300 yards or my Archery Shop...its great living in a small town....

I thought Dutch had/has a Parker that need a CO2 cartridge to cock and de-cock his crossbow...not sure, but do remember a phone conversation I had with Dutch and he was telling me about it.....

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • taken around time HG and I were married
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 07:13:39 AM »
I agree with you guys about big box stores versus small pro shops...My Stryker came from a small local pro shops and they were great to work with. My PSE TAC15i came from another smaller pro shop in my area...anytime I have any questions, they will have the answers and the parts if needed....matter of fact my local AR shop and gunsmith are located within 300 yards or my Archery Shop...its great living in a small town....

I thought Dutch had/has a Parker that need a CO2 cartridge to cock and de-cock his crossbow...not sure, but do remember a phone conversation I had with Dutch and he was telling me about it.....
Yes, Dutch had it at Summerblast (2015, I think) shortly after he had gotten it.
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

New Page 3

Google Ad