New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: WI DNR (DNR answer)  (Read 771 times)

Online yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
WI DNR (DNR answer)
« on: August 13, 2017, 02:52:51 PM »
just when i thought i've seen it all, the DNR laid another huge egg. they are selling antlerless tags around my cabin. it use to be bucks only because of the wolves and bears.

they have over 7000 doe tags for sale in one of my counties!!!!! that's more than 90% of the other counties in WI. the county to the west is bucks only. how can you issue 7000 doe tags in one county and the county next to them has none?

clueless is all i can say
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 04:21:19 PM by yari »
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline barky

• Fawn
Re: WI DNR
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 04:37:07 PM »
What county you in up there yari?

Online yari

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 05:21:40 PM »
i border bayfield/ashland counties. bayfield has over 7000 tags and ashland is 0

i live in st croix county which has a lot of deer and they only issued 2500 tags. it makes absolutely no sense. i guess DR DEER doesn't get it either. we paid him a ton of money to manager the WI herd and this is insane
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline barky

• Fawn
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 07:13:55 PM »
WOW, did not hear of this. I hunt Ashland / Iron counties. Was up there last wknd planted a clover plot by my buddies cabin just south of Fifield. Took a walk where we hunt and seen very little sign. Our tax dollars spent well on Dr. Deer. Walker not a fan of DNR.

Online yari

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 07:56:38 PM »
washburn county also has a bunch of tags. tax dollars wasted for sure. the problem is once they wipe out all these does, they won't bounce back. i only have 1 good doe on my property that kept her fawns. my luck is the bozos down the road will shoot her.

i completely agreed when it was buck only. the only way to bring the population back was decrease wolves and bears and leave it buck only. from what i see, they are 0 for 3 now
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 05:46:02 AM »
That's insane, good luck continuing to provide a haven on your place.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 02:10:25 PM »
Yari - I know you are pissed and at first I thought the same thing as most other folks do....so you guys don't come down on me to hard but what I was thinking is the DNR trying to keep the wolf, bears and yotes population down if you kill off their food supply they will not breed as much as if you had a plenty food supply, does and fawns, just wondering? Has anybody contracted the WI DNR and question the folks who made the decision to sell these 7K doe tags?? Are they thinking the same way I am or is there another reasonable explanation on why this is happening this year??

Just wondering......
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 02:48:50 PM »
I understand the logic with reducing the deer herd but is it really necessary?  Its so hard to build back up.  Here in GA every hunter can harvest 10 does and 2 bucks.  That is crazy.  Their answer to us it self manage the deer herd.  Well that is what their primary roll is.  They have the PHD in Biology!  OK sorry for being off subject. 

WI DNR - I can not imagine what their logic is unless they are trying to suppress and/or isolate something like EHD?     
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Online yari

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 05:08:40 PM »
bo- that would be logical in DNR mindset in coco land. we pay DR DEER (DR JAMES KROLL)a lot of money to come up w/ this plan. obviously he laid a huge egg

deerhead- the CWD isn't in these counties. that would make too much sense

i haven't seen a dead deer on the side of the road up there for years, so it's not the insurance companies. they were blamed the last time the DNR went nuts and issued up to 5 doe tags per day per hunter
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline barky

• Fawn
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 07:17:01 PM »
Have you heard if any of the locals are objecting to this Yari?
I thought the dnr's ruling was based on that counties conservation committee request?  I heard a year ago the dnr and waupaca county conservation group wanted to lower the doe to buck ratio in that county by doing an earn a buck tag by shooting a doe before you could shoot a buck . I heard it did not go over well at all with the locals and did not pass from what i remember.

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 07:43:17 PM »
Yari, really glad to hear that the CWD junk hasn't spread across your state.  Here in IL the main hotspot for CWD is right up against the WI border in the Beloit/Rockford area (I think that's Winnebago county?)  That created quite a lot of concern down here at the time, but thus far it doesn't seem to have spread nearly as fast or far as was feared, although the DNR has taken a lot of steps up there to keep the population density low in order to minimize the transmission.

Really glad to say that the IL DNR leader we have at the moment seems to be doing a good job.  There are always little things to nitpick, but his predecessor (installed by former governor Pat Quinn, enough said) was a complete blithering idiot who knew nothing of the needs of our wildlife or our sportsmen, he was a train wreck for both.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Online yari

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 08:38:14 PM »
barky- i haven't heard anything. they normally don't publish bad input. let me know if you hear anything. later in the week i'll look into it more. it just seem wrong
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 09:16:38 PM »
Yari I know this will not help but sometimes the doe tags are tied to the number of deer verses car accidents in the county , this may apply here if that number has gone up .  ##$%#1118 
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 11:24:10 AM »
That is totally crazy! Two words. [government sucks}   
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 11:25:28 AM »
Yari, really glad to hear that the CWD junk hasn't spread across your state.  Here in IL the main hotspot for CWD is right up against the WI border in the Beloit/Rockford area (I think that's Winnebago county?)  That created quite a lot of concern down here at the time, but thus far it doesn't seem to have spread nearly as fast or far as was feared, although the DNR has taken a lot of steps up there to keep the population density low in order to minimize the transmission.

Really glad to say that the IL DNR leader we have at the moment seems to be doing a good job.  There are always little things to nitpick, but his predecessor (installed by former governor Pat Quinn, enough said) was a complete blithering idiot who knew nothing of the needs of our wildlife or our sportsmen, he was a train wreck for both.
So true.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

New Page 3

Google Ad