New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: New binos  (Read 901 times)

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
Re: New binos
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 11:59:58 AM »
glad you are happy w/ them. i'm sure you will put them to good use. congrats
Thanks I am trying to hunt with them all of the time because my eyes aren't what they used to be. I am taking them squirrel hunting to start just to get use to them being on my neck.

you can get a shoulder harness instead of the standard neck strap. it keeps the binos from from bouncing back and forth.

cabelas has a set for $20. i'm planning on a harness for my new set Thanks I have already checked them out.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 12:31:07 AM »
I know this sounds crazy, but I like that florescent string that they have in Yellow and will make a harness out of it and use the binos that way with the string instead of the factory furnished strap (for the smaller binos). It saves space and weight as well...I can put the Factory strap on it, just makes the binos so or noisy if you asked me, and when I do wear them they are securely placed inside my jacket that is for the compact like the 10x30 size binos, the large one like the TRACT 10x42mm optics, the 10x42mm Nikons or the Leupold Gold Ring Binos 10x42mm, I will go ahead and put the fat factory furnished strap on the binos, but the smaller ones like the Ziess Terra 10x30 ,BX-2 and BX-3 they will go inside my jacket or shirt when I am walking/scouting out...also for some reason when getting out and getting set up in the blind or ladder stand, the larger binos with their large straps will somehow drag or get caught on something else in my fanny pack or back pack that I normally take with me. The Redfield Rebels and the McKenzie BX-1 are the inexpensive (but very good for the money) binos and use the larger factory straps. In 2015 use the BX-1 all year long and replaced the factory strap with the florescent string strap and after the season replace the strap with the factory furnished strap....

The deer can pick up the larger strap movement as well, same goes for the rifle sling, I will always pull off the rifle sling to minimize movement. that is one reason why I use the string as my strap goes on my binos. I started doing this over 30 years ago on Leupold Pocket Binos (made by Leica) and have continue it with many different pairs of binos....just something to think about....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 10:00:55 AM »
Thanks Bo I give it a try. I have been busy but I have used my new Binos 3 times in the last week and I am happy!! They are so clear and light. I used them Sat while hunting resident geese. The field we hunted is 1/4 mile long and 700 yards wide. From the blind you can see all the way across and hlf way down each end. We had deer come out at 500 yds and I took a peek- Wow very nice. I spied soem crows at 300 yds and I could see their feet plain as day. I got chance to look at a groundhog at 400 yds very clear. I tried them at first light 6:15 or so on a deer at 250 yds and they gather light very well- I could see the nubbs on his little head. That said I amd very pleas ewith my purchase and would recommend these to any one. Leopold BX-2 8X32. Thanks again Bo for all the info it really helped me make my decision.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline yari

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 05:37:51 PM »
glad they worked out. i have to remember mine for my goose hunt. i always forget them
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad