New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: New binos  (Read 889 times)

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
New binos
« on: July 21, 2017, 10:39:02 AM »
I took advantage of the Midway sale and bought some Leopold BX-2 Acadia bino's for 89.99 in 8x32. I will give my review as soon as I get them. This only my second pair I have a set of small Steiner's Predator i keep in my pack that are 8x22 and very compact hopefully these new Leopold's will be light weight and my field of view better, I will let you know.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:26:37 PM by BLUETOE »
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: New binos
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 10:39:21 AM »
Nice compact binos...looking forward to your review!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 02:11:43 PM »
BlueToe - Just got through ordering a 10x32mm pair myself...I cannot believe I do what I do!!! But my therapist ordered some Redfield Rebels for $108 from Midway and now I just ordered a pair of the compact BX-2...I must be crazy....yep, crazy is the right word for it...be outside until the heat index reached 100 then headed indoors...be glassing using the Tract 10x42 binos, man they are sharp and clear....but the BX-2 will be here this coming Thursday, free shipping....

So split toe you will get two reviews on the 10x32 BX-2...they do have "Limited Lifetime" warranty, which means that I have to kept them the rest of my life and cannot sell them to anyone else, if I did, it would void the warranty....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Online yari

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 03:58:31 PM »
congrats blue. nice purchase
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 06:28:38 PM »
Thanks everyone I hope they are at the house when I get home tonight. Bo you ain't crazy for buying Binos BUT you are crazy for sitting in the heat looking through them  --099-780 --099-780.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 06:32:49 AM »
Blue - I think you are so right, have been out in the Sun a lot lately...These BX-2 Acadia will be here on Thursday and will make my 5th pair of binos of 2017....holy cow, yea the Sun has effected me...Wonder how the full eclipse is going to affect me! We will like Huntmaster about 7 minutes of total darkness, enough time to order some night vision binos or scope...OMG!!!

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 11:13:11 AM »
Blue - I think you are so right, have been out in the Sun a lot lately...These BX-2 Acadia will be here on Thursday and will make my 5th pair of binos of 2017....holy cow, yea the Sun has effected me...Wonder how the full eclipse is going to affect me! We will like Huntmaster about 7 minutes of total darkness, enough time to order some night vision binos or scope...OMG!!!
Call me crazy but I think you will need some night vision for taht 7 mins better safe than sorry "censored Word"!!! ##$%#114
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 06:17:34 AM »
Got the Leupold Acadia BX-2 in yesterday they are 10x32mm....quiet heavy for little binos....that is good, also the front covers are very good, sturdy and hard to fit on, which is a good thing...will help keep out moisture on the lenses....will start testing them today and will post something on these binos on Monday. This will give me a chance and time to look at different elements/conditions and distances....

But will have the BX-1, BX-2 and BX-3 out there with me testing them out.....should be a fun time with the high temps and humidity....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 01:50:08 PM »
Got the Leupold Acadia BX-2 in yesterday they are 10x32mm....quiet heavy for little binos....that is good, also the front covers are very good, sturdy and hard to fit on, which is a good thing...will help keep out moisture on the lenses....will start testing them today and will post something on these binos on Monday. This will give me a chance and time to look at different elements/conditions and distances....

But will have the BX-1, BX-2 and BX-3 out there with me testing them out.....should be a fun time with the high temps and humidity....
Sounds good Bo I got mine Wednesday evening and only got to do a look over so far mine are 8x32. I got the same deal with front covers hard to get on but no a bad thing. I hope to get out Sunday after our Nor Easter passes and scan some fields for groundhogs. I will let everyone know how they work.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 03:20:39 AM »
Blue and Split- As it was getting darker and light rain was falling, I went outside and looked into the woods about 200 to 250 yards away...earlier in the day I adjusted them to about 100 yard objects...they are very clear towards the center and about 75 to 80% of the viewing are is sharp and clear...had no trouble reading a sign that about 100 yards out....then as it got darker and darker the rain started getting heavier.....but then stepped into the garage and looked through the rain drops....but these little binos that were $90 to my door were very good as it got darker. They don't have the lense coatings as the Mojave BX-3 so they did not gather light up in the dark like other more expensive. Will try and look through them this morning before daylight and see how they do, but for the price, can tell you right now they are well worth the price....

Blue - Be sure to register them with Leupold....if you look at their website about these binos, they say that they have a full lifetime warranty but if you read MidwayUSA description of these binos the last line states that they have a limited lifetime warranty...big difference in the two.....

Split-Toe, Deerhead, Jap51, Cobb Guy will bring a box of binoculars down with me so you can compare them for yourself....I would include Metalman but his everyday binos are Swarovski's CL that he uses....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 03:26:21 AM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 11:33:38 AM »
Got up early this morning and went outside to use these...did my standard test with them in looking into the woods, trying to read the info on the transformer, looked at tops of trees at 500 yards away, looked at stop sign about 300 yards away and house numbers a couple hundred yards away....

Observations, again, these are not bad set of binoculars for under $100. They are made in China, it states that on the binoculars next to the serial number....you can tell the difference between a Japan and China. Japan has a much higher quality...my BX-3 were made in Japan, where the BX-1 and BX-2 were made in China....My sharp area are about 75% of the center and around the edges they are a little fuzzy...normally for the binos to be in complete focus for both eyes, you have to set the right diopter to a  -1, with the BX-3 had to set them to a  -3, but the BX-1 and Redfield Rebels are also set at -1, The Zeiss Terra ED is set for a minus 1/2 to be in complete both eye focus....

Within Japan you have different degree of quality, like saying a hamburger is a hamburger, they are different burgers sold at different places. I notice that the Vortex Vipers and Tract Toric are both made in Japan and their quality is almost the same, but a shade under the Swarovski's that I have as my reference pair...The Canon IS is surprisingly very good binos, their glass is excellent....I looked at getting some Swarovski's CL (like Metalman) as a back up pair.

But I am sure they are varying degrees of China quality also. I am sure that China can and does turn out real good quality if they wanted to....My BX-1 are made in China, they are better than then BX-2 that I just got in...I would have to go out on a limb and say that the Acadia BX-2 are not made/built for Western hunting, Eastern hunting but not Western...They are sharp and very good out to say 250 to 300 yards, that is my conclusion for using them for most of the day Friday, yesterday and early part of the day today....Will take them to the range with me early next week to check them out at 100, 200 and 300 yard ranges.....     
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 05:10:22 PM »
I finally got a chance to test the BX-2 8x32 Leopolds. I tried them yesterday in the morning and they are clear in low light. I was glassing mu neighbor's feeder at about 150 yds and I could clearly see the writing on the feeder motor. They come with a comfortable strap lens covers and a right nice case. They are light and I can see myself finally using Binos to hunt with regularly. I am very happy hope to get out and try them at a long distance. For 90.00 bucks what a deal.

Bo thanks for the info on the lifetime warranty.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Online yari

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 05:25:04 PM »
glad you are happy w/ them. i'm sure you will put them to good use. congrats
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 11:41:02 AM »
Thanks I am trying to hunt with them all of the time because my eyes aren't what they used to be. I am taking them squirrel hunting to start just to get use to them being on my neck.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Online yari

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 04:16:55 PM »
Thanks I am trying to hunt with them all of the time because my eyes aren't what they used to be. I am taking them squirrel hunting to start just to get use to them being on my neck.

you can get a shoulder harness instead of the standard neck strap. it keeps the binos from from bouncing back and forth.

cabelas has a set for $20. i'm planning on a harness for my new set
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad