New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: she talked me into it  (Read 131 times)

Offline Two Tales

• 7 Point
she talked me into it
« on: July 15, 2017, 01:23:41 AM »
was in Maine on Friday, so the GF and I stopped at the Kittery Trading Post...spent about 4 hours browsing about...finally making into the gun room...they got more guns than carter has liver pills...was looking for a .41 mag super Blackhawk...none to be had, but a pretty li'l gem caught my eye...it being a .44s&w Super Blackhawk...I gave the once , twice three or four times over...appears to be very low mileage and well maintained...good price...oh I was temped right from the start...but wasn't really sure this ol'gal was for me...I was looking for that .41mag you know...told the cashier that I thought I should wait until next trip...Grul Friend steps up and says it wont be here next time around...so it put it on lay away...what caught my attention about this magnificent piece of deadly hardware was her length....10.5 inches and that's just her barrel...

TT @--0--0107

stock picture from the net cause I was too dumb to take a picture of the actual gun...
USN Ret.
LM DAV
LM NRA
Chief Istructor CE/FS
ADC BSA
Fox Patrol, Tr 1 Gilwell, NE-142
from the ragged rim on the edge of reality.....

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: she talked me into it
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 06:19:23 AM »
Now that is a great pistol and you have a great GF, is she a keeper?? LOL......with a 10.5" barrel, great for hunting...she was right certain things you have to buy right now, and never wait...because they won't be there when you come back!!
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
NWTF Member
SCI Member
Butts County Sportsman Asso Member
57+ Years in the woods
19 yrs of Western Elk/Muley Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 06:56:23 AM »
TT, she's a wise lady.  I have one in the 7.5" barrel, shoots great!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 03:00:15 PM »
10.5"? wow, you will need to back up to clear your target before you shoot --099-780. i have a super redhawk .44 w/ 8" barrel i think.  i have a shoulder holster and it's tough to clear the holster.

maybe you will be wearing it around your waist? it will be a fun one to shoot. enjoy
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 01:21:18 PM »
Great pistol can't beat it I love mine accurate and fun to shoot. Great GF very smart and she can see into the future- cause that piece would have been GONE when you got back LOL!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

New Page 3

Google Ad