New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Hen with 3 chicks up a tree this morning  (Read 49 times)

Offline MichiganLouie

• 14 Point Double Droptine
Hen with 3 chicks up a tree this morning
« on: July 14, 2017, 07:55:14 PM »
We have two red mulberry trees out behind the house.  When the berries get ripe and drop, they attract all sort of critters.  We have had one doe come in just about every day, twice a day most of the time, and a lone turkey hen, and a couple of cranes.  The cranes, I try to run off as often as I can.  Don't like those birds, but they keep coming back (no legal hunting season in MI)  Anyway, the last few days a turkey hen with 3 chicks has been coming in pretty regularly, twice a day quite often.  This morning, she slowly made her way into the yard, and eventually the chicks meandered in.  Eventually, they made their way to one of the mulberry trees.  At one point, the hen had disappeared, but the chicks were all looking up.  Something diverted my attention for a few minutes, and when I looked again, there were only two chicks, still looking up.  Then one chick flew up into the tree, and a few minutes later the third chick built up enough courage to fly up, too.  I could see some movement up in the tree, and thought about going out to try to take some pics, but didn't think I would be successful.  I don't know when they finally came back down.  This was the second time I have observed turkeys flying up to get berries right on the tree. 
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Hen with 3 chicks up a tree this morning
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 08:03:40 PM »
i haven't seen a single brood yet this year and i've seen a ton of hens. must have been a bad year?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 7 Point
Re: Hen with 3 chicks up a tree this morning
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 04:36:52 PM »
That is too cool Louie.  Hope they stick around.

New Page 3

Google Ad