New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: fawn  (Read 104 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
fawn
« on: June 18, 2017, 04:16:52 PM »
we were at my folks place last night for dinner w/ my sister and her 2 kids from ID. we brought our golden who loves to chase the squirrels off the feeders. as we are leaving she goes flying to the feeder and i see a white tail. i call her back and she comes immediately, which surprised me. she must not have seen the deer or just heard the seriousness in my voice. as i watch momma there was a little one behind her. it looked small and younger than i would think at this time of the year. it wasn't the little go cart i would have thought. i wish it was lighter out, but i saw enough to see it was very cute and a potential booner @--0--0117 sorry a guy can hope -0078

keep your eyes open for little ones
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • 18 Point
Re: fawn
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 05:14:00 PM »
Always have to be on the lookout for fawns this time of the year , they really need time to learn the ropes yet .  ##$%#1118 ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA

Offline MichiganLouie

• 14 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 05:21:57 PM »
Saw my first one a couple of days ago.  Just as we were leaving one of our daughters' house, just along the interstate, spotted a  doe on the other side of the fence, and she had a little one with her.  I hoped she wouldn't try to cross the interstate.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 06:59:41 PM »
Saw my first two this morning in the front yard about 0845...man were they small only a few days old.
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • summer is coming
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 07:29:49 PM »
had one running in my yard the other day
time to start the food plots for them deer

dave 1211

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • 18 Point
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 07:50:15 AM »
I jumped one at the pond the other day that couldn't have been more than a week old. We are seeing a late drop here this year which means a late rut and breeding last year.
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline BLUETOE

• 14 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 10:08:40 AM »
We just started seeing some about 10 days ago. I had one just down the road that was feeding on the flowers in a yard of an empty house 3 days in row that little show off would hear the car and head forthe road to cross into the woods, as soon as it's front feet hit the pavement it would do a little mule kick before hitting 2 nd gear to the woods and mama. LOL!!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline yari

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 04:57:39 PM »
as i was leaving the office i saw a pair of fawns next to my truck nursing. i let the gal in the next office know and she thought it was the coolest thing. we watched them for a few minutes until mom got nervous and went into the woods. the kids played for a few minutes before they figured out they were alone

these 2 were at least 3 weeks older than the fawn i saw at my folk's place. it was a dragged out rut
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad