New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Is it too early to dust off the Archery Equipment  (Read 702 times)

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
Re: Is it too early to dust off the Archery Equipment
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 10:43:30 AM »
Bo are you sure that is a picture of you  I thought that was Clark Gable --099-780 

I just picked my bow up from the doctor yesterday.  It needed new strings,and cables.  However the doctor said the old rest was not working properly so I had to replace it.  I bought a new QAD Ultrarest drop away.  Now to practice and practice and practice.  I am trying some new Easton Axis arrows this year.   

This archery stuff is expensive.  Looking at what all I spent on this bow I could have bought a Cooper rifle with a Leupold VX6.  Don't tell my wife.   --9-908

Yari  My bow is a 2007 Bowtech Allegiance I'll continue to shoot it until...   

you aren't kidding. $1200 new before any accessories. i can't figure out why some guys exchange every year or 2? that gets expensive

Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 07:19:06 PM »
Yari - I think I threw in the pictures from 1981 just to show how much I have changed over the years...yea it is a good picture but the one of me back in 1961 is amazing Polaroid as well!!.....

Wow, how time has flown by...I missed so many deer back in those days shot under them, over them ahead of them but never behind them...LOL...then when I got measured for my second compound bow, for starting my trips out west, the first five years went to Craig, Co area...was very successful out there...the picture (taken in 1992) is of the PSE Mach Flite IV with 4" overdraw, my arrows were only 20" long!! but they travel at an astounding 252 FPS back then, that was fast...very slow to today's standards....

But after therapy tomorrow, will pull out the Styker Crossbow out and get reacquainted with it, Not like Huntmaster who sleeps with his Bow...LOL...has a special bed for it....LOL...

Split Toe and I bought our bows one year apart. He bought his in 2015 and I bought mine in 2016, never talked to him about it but when I told him that I have bought a Styker he told me that he had one also...wow, even though his is my cuz, we never spoke about buying a crossbow....I surely like mine for sure.....but Deerhead will never use a crossbow, he and Huntmaster and dead eye shooters when it comes to compound bows!!! both are very, very good....

Snort makes a very good point about keeping your muscles tone up and your shooting eye in shape....Flint I hear ya...have not pulled the PSE back in sometime now, not sure if I could pull it back unless I re-set it back to 45 lbs, hahahaha...and work my way back up to 67 lbs pull which it was set at last time I checked...

my my how I changed (and we here on TH) over the years.....Bo 

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
NWTF Member
SCI Member
Butts County Sportsman Asso Member
57+ Years in the woods
19 yrs of Western Elk/Muley Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris

Offline metalman

• 7 Point
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 05:45:43 PM »
Bo who is this guy you keep posting pictures of? I love that camper set up on the red truck, man would I love to have my old ford and wood frame camper cover back. Spent many a night in the back of that truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Metalman
Hit it while it is hot
NWTF Memeber
Butts County Sportsman Club Memeber
27 years hunting

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 07:14:00 PM »
Metalman - Don't know the handsome dude in those pictures, but it was someone I knew back when I was much younger...but those are some good saved pictures...I have some more of the 35mm and some really good Polaroids that were taken way be digital and cell phones....LOL....

By the way, I order a Morrell discharge target shown in the pix...we all can enjoy it....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
NWTF Member
SCI Member
57+ Years in the woods

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point
    • NYFD
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 10:42:59 AM »
Yari - I think I threw in the pictures from 1981 just to show how much I have changed over the years...yea it is a good picture but the one of me back in 1961 is amazing Polaroid as well!!.....

Wow, how time has flown by...I missed so many deer back in those days shot under them, over them ahead of them but never behind them...LOL...then when I got measured for my second compound bow, for starting my trips out west, the first five years went to Craig, Co area...was very successful out there...the picture (taken in 1992) is of the PSE Mach Flite IV with 4" overdraw, my arrows were only 20" long!! but they travel at an astounding 252 FPS back then, that was fast...very slow to today's standards....

But after therapy tomorrow, will pull out the Styker Crossbow out and get reacquainted with it, Not like Huntmaster who sleeps with his Bow...LOL...has a special bed for it....LOL...

Split Toe and I bought our bows one year apart. He bought his in 2015 and I bought mine in 2016, never talked to him about it but when I told him that I have bought a Styker he told me that he had one also...wow, even though his is my cuz, we never spoke about buying a crossbow....I surely like mine for sure.....but Deerhead will never use a crossbow, he and Huntmaster and dead eye shooters when it comes to compound bows!!! both are very, very good....

Snort makes a very good point about keeping your muscles tone up and your shooting eye in shape....Flint I hear ya...have not pulled the PSE back in sometime now, not sure if I could pull it back unless I re-set it back to 45 lbs, hahahaha...and work my way back up to 67 lbs pull which it was set at last time I checked...

my my how I changed (and we here on TH) over the years.....Bo 

Bo,

I do not think I have any photos from back in the day. It took the stone mason a long time to etch it right back then --099-780 @--0--0105
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2017, 12:05:40 PM »
The UPS guy just delivered the Morrell Discharge Bag today....I just took a picture of it and of my knee scare...the Discharge bag is a good size and is very light weight...it will be good to pack and good to use in discharging the crossbow.....

Here is the picture of both the bag and the knee replacement scare....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
NWTF Member
SCI Member
57+ Years in the woods

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season is coming
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 12:13:03 PM »
The UPS guy just delivered the Morrell Discharge Bag today....I just took a picture of it and of my knee scare...the Discharge bag is a good size and is very light weight...it will be good to pack and good to use in discharging the crossbow.....

Here is the picture of both the bag and the knee replacement scare....
witch is witch BO    ##$%#13   ##$%#15    --099-780
time to get ready for hunting season

dave 1211

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2017, 07:05:15 AM »
Dave - My knee feels much better today and yesterday took the Styker crossbow out and got re-familiar with it yesterday. Also got out my older PSE Mach Flite IV and tried to draw it back, need to reduced the weight on it a bit....but shooting the Crossbow yesterday about 10 times felt good and the purpose was to just get reacquainted with it. The pull chord and I did not get along at first but we finally got our act together after talking it over....Use the Caldwell Field Pod to help me stabilize the crossbow. That is one tool that I really like to use and will use it if I every take the 338 Lapua to the woods and hunt with it out of the blind...LOL...

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
NWTF Member
SCI Member
57+ Years in the woods

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 01:27:04 PM »
My Stryker Crossbow is out and on the bench. I started looking it over yesterday afternoon......Wow, does it look wicked!!! Cables looks OK to me, and will do what Split Toe did after the season ends this year...but next week will start shooting it about 5 to 10 times a day at different ranges from 30 yards out to 70 yards....Now on our leased land down in GA with all the trees gone, that 50 yard shot doesn't look so far!!! nor does the 70 shot look very long...Wow, with our trees on our place, will have to hunt on creek bottoms and other edge property.....

Maybe will get out the PSE TAC15i and get it sighted in at 100 yards!!!

The point being that we are going to have to get use to hunting without our beloved trees for the next few years......

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
NWTF Member
SCI Member
57+ Years in the woods

New Page 3

Google Ad