New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: sinker molds  (Read 89 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
sinker molds
« on: July 25, 2017, 06:53:05 PM »
i started using PENCIL SINKERS for trolling walleyes. they are hard to find and expensive. i'm thinking about buying a mold and making my own sinkers

does anyone have experience in sinker molds? are there any molds better or worse than others? i'm looking to produce 1/2 oz sinkers. there are a lot of molds over 1 oz, but not a lot of smaller stuff

any ideas?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MichiganLouie

• 14 Point Double Droptine
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: sinker molds
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 03:58:56 PM »
i started there louis. if you look at the price, you can see why i what a mold to make my own.
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Droptine
Re: sinker molds
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 06:37:15 PM »
Yari, looks like you can buy "Do-It" sinker molds in that style for about $30 a set.  Also saw a suggestion to simply use lead wire & flatten one end & add a hole to it for swivel rather than casting your own.  Walmart sells a 1lb roll of lead wire for about $6.

Dad & I used to cast all of our tightline sinkers when I was a kid - our mold set went from about 3/8 oz up to 1 oz.  Generally focused on making the 1 oz units for river fishing.  Those were not the pencil shape you're looking for though.  Pretty easy process.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad