New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Puzzling situation  (Read 1563 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Puzzling situation
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 02:06:15 PM »
Well, I trapped another one yesterday morning.  Didn't bother to check gender, but it must have been a momma.  Around mid afternoon, my wife called me to show me 3 young raccoons walking across our pool cover and they appeared to be looking for their missing momma.

that's tough to see. i never like to youngsters lost. nothing you can do about it. if they are wondering, they can probably take care of themselves
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 02:58:18 PM »
It's sad Louie, but i had the same thing. Caught momma in the morning and had 3 younguns looking for her that afternoon.

Shot all three and lowered our population again. That makes 11 coons, 3 Possums, 2 rabbits and 5 chipmunks that won't mess up our garden!!

Varmet  control that must be done!! @--0--0117   @--0--0126
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2017, 06:05:27 PM »
I think those three young ones will be able to forage on their own, but not having momma around I suspect they'll come up short on learning about the dangers of cars/dogs/humans/etc - if they find some easy pickins (cat food, etc) they will be hanging out by the humans til someone does something about it.  Congrats on catching the adult though!  Have been thinning the herd here, but more keep showing up.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 11:10:03 AM »
I use baby carrotts and catch large woodchucks. Then, they meet their maker  ##$%#117
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital